My Daughter applied for a UPS job....

quad decade guy

My 30 yo daughter is an elementary school teacher. 1st grade currently....has taught through 4th. B Science and Master of Education. She's bright and capable. Loves teaching....can't deal with Admin and trying to teach 4 graders to read that are on a kindergarten grade level....

At an inner-city, near all minority student body. ESL and all the rest. Where even through Covid, kids are expected to be on grade level and pass the Standards Test. Yes, very Liberal and was going to save the World....

That to say this: She applied for a Diversity Recruiting job at local colleges and high schools. It pays $88k....she makes $50 after 6 years.

Our District is hiring 3. I tried to tell her being white female was probably going to torpedo her chances....we thought about her being trans Chinese PDQXZY. I secretly(openly) hope she doesn't get the job. I don't know if this is considered mgt.

She has watched me work at UPS for 30 years at least(41 total). And knows(sort of) how it is...not really...has heard me complain enough.

But she pays $700 per month for crappy insurance and still complains bitterly about losing UPS insurance at 26.

I wouldn't recommend working at UPS under any circumstance....I wouldn't help her work there or put in a word. She isn't petulant, abusive or spiteful nor mean spirited....those are just some of the traits of mgt. I've seen. I've begged her to try Fed-Ex or even AMAZON.

Lastly, it is possible she could eventually be my supervisor.....

PT Car Washer

My 30 yo daughter is an elementary school teacher. 1st grade currently....has taught through 4th. B Science and Master of Education. She's bright and capable. Loves teaching....can't deal with Admin and trying to teach 4 graders to read that are on a kindergarten grade level....

At an inner-city, near all minority student body. ESL and all the rest. Where even through Covid, kids are expected to be on grade level and pass the Standards Test. Yes, very Liberal and was going to save the World....

That to say this: She applied for a Diversity Recruiting job at local colleges and high schools. It pays $88k....she makes $50 after 6 years.

Our District is hiring 3. I tried to tell her being white female was probably going to torpedo her chances....we thought about her being trans Chinese PDQXZY. I secretly(openly) hope she doesn't get the job. I don't know if this is considered mgt.

She has watched me work at UPS for 30 years at least(41 total). And knows(sort of) how it is...not really...has heard me complain enough.

But she pays $700 per month for crappy insurance and still complains bitterly about losing UPS insurance at 26.

I wouldn't recommend working at UPS under any circumstance....I wouldn't help her work there or put in a word. She isn't petulant, abusive or spiteful nor mean spirited....those are just some of the traits of mgt. I've seen. I've begged her to try Fed-Ex or even AMAZON.

We have a school teacher that works PT on twi for the benefits. I am sure there are many others as well for the reasons you mention. I suppose technically if she was a Hub belt sup and you pulled off of her belt she would be over you. Or a PT Feeder sup.

over9five

Staff member

41 years in....and you worry your daughter may eventually be your supervisor...
That is just bizarre...

But I don't know you.

Shrug

quad decade guy

41 years in....and you worry your daughter may eventually be your supervisor...
That is just bizarre...

But I don't know you.

Shrug
Sir(assuming),

I never said "worry".

Well, I have 3 to go to be of normal retirement age. So, it is possible. When you start at 18......you'll be here awhile....

Free insurance and another $350k for 3 years......sounds good to me. And 18 weeks vacation.....

Tesla's cost a lot of money....lololol.

quad decade guy

We have a school teacher that works PT on twi for the benefits. I am sure there are many others as well for the reasons you mention. I suppose technically if she was a Hub belt sup and you pulled off of her belt she would be over you. Or a PT Feeder sup.
Any mgt. person pt/ft is "over you"....anywhere at UPS. Technically.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns

Tell her to relocate to a public school district with the right demographics. Parents will be motivated and she will earn more.

quad decade guy

Tell her to relocate to a public school district with the right demographics. Parents will be motivated and she will earn more.
Bravo!

I have.....she would rather quit. Remember she is liberal. She is going to save the world. She has friends that teach in more say higher economic stratas....I've suggested teaching Home Eco or something the kids can do....they can't read or do math. And if not by 4th grade....they never will.

She is working on a second Master and I've suggested teaching college....but she wonders what is going to happen to colleges post covid.....

Actually the inner-city school districts pay better....otherwise nobody would teach there.