My in-cab camera has gone silent

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
What would you imagine they could do even if there were a secret inside facing camera? In order for them to use it they would have to reveal they have one, which would be immediately thrown out at any panel due to their dishonesty. I’m not a fan of the sensor either it’s annoying but nothing has come of it yet.

Frog in the boiling water. Get us used to the cameras, "hey, no harm so far, no reason to fight over it."

Then it's "oh, they are recording us, like weirdo perverts, but It's only for coaching, I guess It's not worth risking my job over."

Then it's "I got fired for not checking my mirrors every 5 to 8 seconds."

Thebrownblob

Frog in the boiling water. Get us used to the cameras, "hey, no harm so far, no reason to fight over it."

Then it's "oh, they are recording us, like weirdo perverts, but It's only for coaching, I guess It's not worth risking my job over."

Then it's "I got fired for not checking my mirrors every 5 to 8 seconds."
Same thing said with Telematics, they do harass but never fire only on telematics. The inward sensor is a waste of time. The outward camera was used to prove a hit and run last week in my center. Driver was not at fault. Certainly A double edged sword, the company should’ve negotiated.

qdg2

Is there any other way? Since when did it become acceptable to be watched all the time? That's what's crazy.
Are you not "watched"(can be) all the time anyway? You can be observed clandestinely anyway and it be used right away for discipline.

Not saying it is "acceptable" in any way.....

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Is there any other way? Since when did it become acceptable to be watched all the time? That's what's crazy.
As soon as our union leadership finds out about this they will be ticked!

5jmf6s-jpg.348219

no_map_needed

Knowledge is key, Experience is power.
The company rushed these in before the contract so they can say "oh it's already there" or whatever excuse for this half ass rollout. The union needs to have these disabled or removed. Outside as a dashcam they can record whatever they want but livestreaming us all day is unacceptable.

Last edited:

qdg2

The company rushed these in before the contract so they can say "oh it's already there" or whatever excuse for this half ass rollout. The union needs to have these disabled or removed. Outside as a dashcam they can record whatever they want but livestreaming us all day is unacceptable.
Ok. Fair enough.

Now, what is the difference in their vehicles compared to say a hub? Hub's are "live-streamed" 24/7 are they not? inside/outside....hell, even the carwash.

Load/unload cameras on fans etc. Cameras are everywhere. I don't condone it in any way btw.

Please explain this.....

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Ok. Fair enough.

Now, what is the difference in their vehicles compared to say a hub? Hub's are "live-streamed" 24/7 are they not? inside/outside....hell, even the carwash.

Load/unload cameras on fans etc. Cameras are everywhere. I don't condone it in any way btw.

Please explain this.....
I've said it a million times. The hub cameras are agnostic to who they are recording, you can't just go to a computer and ask for footage of steve and steve only. It is this personal "selfie" format that makes them so incredibly dangerous.

Johney

Ok. Fair enough.

Please explain this.....
Ah....far more thefts go on inside the hub/buildings than out on the road. SMH.

Iamsomebody

Seems like they pick and choose judging by the green light throughout the day. But that's a lie too. They are watching even when the light is off. You can take a sip of water, put the bottle away and take off and it will ding you for distracted driving with the light off.
Your green light turns off? The only time mine turns off is during break.

Misthios

I love my job. Don't you?
What would you imagine they could do even if there were a secret inside facing camera? In order for them to use it they would have to reveal they have one, which would be immediately thrown out at any panel due to their dishonesty. I’m not a fan of the sensor either it’s annoying but nothing has come of it yet.
If you think that inside facing camera isn’t recording then ive got some volcano insurance for you in Kentucky.

Of course it records. They can’t discipline us with it but they watch us 24/7. Also after the years of Hoffa give backs and back room hand jobs, you think this company respects the teamsters? We are a joke right now. Hopefully new president has half the balls he claims he does. We need action.

Thebrownblob

If you think that inside facing camera isn’t recording then ive got some volcano insurance for you in Kentucky.

Of course it records. They can’t discipline us with it but they watch us 24/7. Also after the years of Hoffa give backs and back room hand jobs, you think this company respects the teamsters? We are a joke right now. Hopefully new president has half the balls he claims he does. We need action.
There is only a forward facing camera. The inward device is a infrared Motion detector that follows your eye movements it’s well-known technology. They even make special glasses you can buy that defeated if you wish. Hoffa had nothing to do with a give back for these cameras. The company is rolling the dice that they don’t have to negotiate and can use the previous technological language.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
There is only a forward facing camera. The inward device is a infrared Motion detector that follows your eye movements it’s well-known technology. They even make special glasses you can buy that defeated if you wish. Hoffa had nothing to do with a give back for these cameras. The company is rolling the dice that they don’t have to negotiate and can use the previous technological language.
What are you spreading false information for it is a camera with additional infrared spectrum, it continuously writes over 20 seconds of footage and sends it when an event is recorded. It might not livestream but it's been hacked already to do just that. I guess the only use for my old college classes is to be infuriated by other people who are not as tech savvy.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
oh and the "events" are incredibly primitive still. Real humans (in this case, our freaking managers) will create the illusion of smart AI just like ring doorbells. whole tech industry is a bloated pile of grifts.

Swanson

Henry Swanson's my name, and excitement's my game.
In the beginning, it was going off constantly and chronically. Every drink of water or reaching of any kind...even on the yard.

Over the past week it's gone completely silent....never going off.....yes, it still has the green light on.

What I wonder......is this an attempt to mollify/quell the anger?

Or is it broken?

Or is it just recording 24/7? Yes, inside facing.....
I hope you reported the issue, you wouldn't want a black mark on your 50 year perfect record

Thebrownblob

What are you spreading false information for it is a camera with additional infrared spectrum, it continuously writes over 20 seconds of footage and sends it when an event is recorded. It might not livestream but it's been hacked already to do just that. I guess the only use for my old college classes is to be infuriated by other people who are not as tech savvy.
Dude Step back and recognize that you’re not as smart as you think you are, actually you sound like an imbecile. Every “event” that is recorded it’s generic and they don’t even know what you’re doing when it says distracted it has no idea if you’re looking at your phone, drinking water. Or simply looking down. Do you think you’re Center Manager‘s text savvy? Your center manager doesn’t have time to look at every event. The silly camera has done nothing but giving them another piece of paper to push. But you keep it up with your fantasy that your center team has “hacked” your inward facing sensor and “ hack video” is going to be used against you and you’re going to be terminated😂. That’s some real tinfoil hat nonsense. In the meantime the rest of us adults will work towards negotiating these cameras out of the package car.

no_map_needed

I gave the company the benefit of the doubt that the cameras would be used only for event triggers. It is not the case anymore. Not going into details on here but this would not happen if they weren't recording.

no_map_needed

Ok. Fair enough.

Please explain this.....
Just don't want to be facetiming with some :censored2: in Atlanta all day.