My UPS hub is going on strike.

542thruNthru

Yes. I did. Multiple times.
"Part-time union employee compensation is contractually agreed upon with the Teamsters and includes annual pay increases plus benefits" so if the affected workers are part of the union it is a breach.

Beside all that. I was no notified WHATSOEVER of my wage change. Let alone the fact it is BELOW MINIMUM WAGE. I reported them to the state and am getting financial compensation. Lmao.
Show me where it says you make $21 in this contractual agreement?
Screenshot_20220129-175748_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

You are correct that they can not pay you less than minimum wage though.

Capnfapn

Pessimistically Optimistic.
View attachment 370340

You are correct that they can not pay you less than minimum wage
LOL. How about where it says: “but no less than the hourly start rate specified on b”? Numbers are obviously different as I’m in a different state.

Numbers are obviously different. It’s not just me dude. The guy that they brought in to tell us about this whole :censored2: show said we are CONTRACTUALLY GUARANTEED $21/hr. As did the BUILDING MANAGER.

Capnfapn

View attachment 370340

You are correct that they can not pay
You just answered your own question. SMH...

Good luck man. Hope you win I really do but I highly doubt it.
Yes as in the numbers on my contract differ from yours. All the numbers you’ve shown are below minimum wage in my city.
I hope I win too. What I don’t understand is you and a handful of other people who seem to be blindly defending UPS lol. It’s a :censored2: company. I’ve known this since I started. And people who just accept all the :censored2: they pull on employees are the reason WHY :censored2: like paying me under minimum wage happens.

542thruNthru

Yes as in the numbers on my contract differ from yours. All the numbers you’ve shown are below minimum wage in my city.
I hope I win too. What I don’t understand is you and a handful of other people who seem to be blindly defending UPS lol. It’s a :censored2: company. I’ve known this since I started. And people who just accept all the :censored2: they pull on employees are the reason WHY :censored2: like paying me under minimum wage happens.
I already said they can not drop below minimum wage. What contract are you under??? What local are you?

We're not defending UPS we are just sick of everyone pretending how they have some air tight lawsuit against UPS. So we just tell you how it is.

PT Car Washer

If your cities minimum wage is higher then the UPS Teamster contract they have to pay you the higher amount. Most likely a mistake by payroll and you should be made whole.

Capnfapn

I already said they can not drop below minimum wage. What contract are you under??? What local are you?

We're not defending UPS we are just sick of everyone pretending how they have some air tight lawsuit against UPS. So we just tell you how it is.
You misunderstood me entirely. Try reading what I said again.

I understand where you’re coming from. I’m not trying to sue UPS.

Capnfapn

If your cities minimum wage is higher then the UPS Teamster contract they have to pay you the higher amount. Most likely a mistake by payroll and you should be made whole.
I hope so man. I’ve been bleeding brown and I’m so close to getting my benefits. I’ve worked way to hard to have to quit over this.

542thruNthru

You misunderstood me entirely. Try reading what I said again.

I understand where you’re coming from. I’m not trying to sue UPS.
Please explain to me what contract you have that says you make more than what I posted. Clear that up for me and I might start to understand.

Swanson

Henry Swanson's my name, and excitement's my game.
Post a pic

trickpony1

I spoke to a lawyer and it is considered breach of contract and I’d be able to “easily sue” obviously not going to, but they broke multiple laws in my state.
In the real world, yes, this is breach of contract and could award big money.
In the make-believe world of big business and organized labor it's just a silly "bump in the road".

Capnfapn

In the real world, yes, this is breach of contract and could award big money.
In the make-believe world of big business and organized labor it's just a silly "bump in the road".
I’m still pretty young so I’ve only been working about 5 years. (8 months at UPS.)
It’s been really crazy having my own experiences/hearing others on brown cafe about just how bad the working world is, and just how poorly corporations will treat you. I always knew, but now I know.

Capnfapn

Please explain to me what contract you have that says you make more than what I posted. Clear that up for me and I might start to understand.
I live in California, and the most liberal city at that. It’s inherently the same contract, just much is modified to make it “California legal” as we call it. I legally HAVE to make more than what you posted, because everything you posted is below my $16.20 minimum wage.
It’s a legal headache. I’ve been talking to union about it.

542thruNthru

I live in California, and the most liberal city at that. It’s inherently the same contract, just much is modified to make it “California legal” as we call it. I legally HAVE to make more than what you posted, because everything you posted is below my $16.20 minimum wage.
It’s a legal headache. I’ve been talking to union about it.
I live in California as well. It's the same contract. So they owe you 10 cents more because they dropped it below minimum wage. File a grievance.