My UPS hub is going on strike.

Rudygarcia

Yes. I did. Multiple times.
"Part-time union employee compensation is contractually agreed upon with the Teamsters and includes annual pay increases plus benefits" so if the affected workers are part of the union it is a breach.

Beside all that. I was no notified WHATSOEVER of my wage change. Let alone the fact it is BELOW MINIMUM WAGE. I reported them to the state and am getting financial compensation. Lmao.
How are you getting Federal compensation?

I’m a part time package handler at my local hub. I was signed on for $21/hr and my 9 month waiting period for benefits will be up in march. Last Wednesday my supervisor told us that a higher up wanted to talk to us (not sure if from union or corporate honestly) and to shut off the belt and meet by trailer 106. When we’re all gathered there the guy tells us that the week PRIOR our wages were lowered from $21/hr to $16.10/hr. Not only did UPS not contact anyone in any way to notify us of the change, but the cities minimum wage raised to $16.20 the first of this month and they’re paying us $16.10. The guy said that they had organized a protest the next day from 7am-10am. He also said that they filed a grievance, and if they don’t restore the wages then we will “consider it a strikeable offense.” I wasn’t able to go to the protest but I know that by the end of the day no progress was made and about 100 people were there. Me and one other loader checked upsers.com and it said our rates were $17.50, but two other coworkers’ paystubs did indeed say $16.10. Has this happened to anyone else before? Are we gonna go on strike now? What’s gonna happen? Am I gonna have to find another job?
Wow before peak season my wage was $17.85 peak season UnderPaidSlaves brought in the new hires at $19.00 an hour as well as hiring some full-time. After alot of complaining from workers that have been there and wasn't getting that pay. They decided to increase our pay as well. Was told that at the end of peak they would decide if we could keep the raise. Yeah right they took the raise back plus more. Now my hourly wage is $16.03 I do understand that that was not a contractual raise and it could be taken back. But how do you take back more than you gave. Stealing but we get fired for that. Union is some :censored2:. They even allowed them to take Human Resources out of the building we are told to go through the union who does absolutely nothing. There were at one time talk about striking but guess it was cheap and went out of the window IDK.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
Wow before peak season my wage was $17.85 peak season UnderPaidSlaves brought in the new hires at $19.00 an hour as well as hiring some full-time. After alot of complaining from workers that have been there and wasn't getting that pay. They decided to increase our pay as well. Was told that at the end of peak they would decide if we could keep the raise. Yeah right they took the raise back plus more. Now my hourly wage is $16.03 I do understand that that was not a contractual raise and it could be taken back. But how do you take back more than you gave. Stealing but we get fired for that. Union is some :censored2:. They even allowed them to take Human Resources out of the building we are told to go through the union who does absolutely nothing. There were at one time talk about striking but guess it was cheap and went out of the window IDK.

The Company and the Union have to live by their (so-called) ratified agreements. The 2018 was officially ratified by the previous Teamster administration, you have no say in the matter till the next one in 2023.

The Company’s only obligation is to pay you according to the contract, they only paid you more because of the worker shortages caused by the pandemic. No one is going on strike over this issue, your best recourse is to vote on the 2023 contract accordingly if you are not satisfied with your wages.