Near dog attack

21Savage

I was coming up to the door to deliver a small box then all of a sudden a man with a German shepherd (no leash) exit the door. The dog begins to bark aggressively at me and I can just hear the owner in the background saying “he doesn’t bite.” I made it back to the truck safely slammed my door, dropped the package and took off. This is my bidded route I’m debating whether or not to just leave their stuff at the end of the driveway.
Dude you need to grow a sack.

KearsargeCoop

Baseball, dart board
Always been a dog lover but one instance where an English Bulldog charged me and bit me three times has changed my view. Any dog is treated as a threat and will get an EC. Ain't worth my skin.

Mutineer

When they told me “he won’t bite” I would say, he told you that did he?

I've had multiple experiences that went something like this:

Arrive to a home. Large POS dog greets my van in an unfriendly manner.

After alot of eyeroll inducing dog-wrangling drama, the owner puts the POS dog in the house.

As I have consulted troubled friends to consider the benefits of a drug/alcohol-free lifestyle, I consult the dog addict of the benefits of a dog-free lifestyle. As the same with druggies and drunks, the dog addict hangs his head towards the ground, mutters agreement, and promises to endeavor to persevere towards that goal.

While offloading boxes, an occupant (airhead wife, befuddled elderly, or a child) inside the house opens a door, or the dog discovers and bolts through an unsecured door from within the house.

The most common path for this is through the open garage door of an attached garage.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Give the dog the P-1000 treatment!

downloadfile-27-png.237723

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Eff them. Your safety comes first. Unfortunately too many people can not control their pets.
Talk to your supervisor and let them know about the aggressive dog so that they could put a prompt in the DIAD so if anyone else covers your route they will know about the possible danger of an aggressive dog.

Nope put it on will call you wanna turn your dog loose you can come
pick your :censored2: up

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
Delivered to a house in the country. had a chain link fence all the way around it. I honked my horn (sig required on 98% of packages back then) Woman walked out to the fence followed by 2 ankle bitters. "Oh, they won't bite." as she opens the gate and both of them make a beeline for an ankle. BOTH bit me at the same time. "Well, they have done THAT before." I told her "s@%t, they won't bite you because you feed them."

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
My worst bite in my career came while running a split off another drive. I delivered on the country suburbs. They gave me 10 stops in the 'hood on the way to my area. Large house on maybe 3 acres. Chain link fence and the house is sitting directly in the middle of the lot. My dog senses were tingling. I lay on my horn. Nothing. I walk up to the fence and rattle it as hard as I can for a full 30 seconds. Nothing. I get about 3/4 of the way to the house and I hear BIG barks and growling, coming from the back of the house. I immediately turn back toward the truck, but I'm too far away. 3 large angry dogs are heading my way. A German shepherd, a pit bull and a mixed bread looking dog. They surround me and take turns running at me, as I try and make it to the safety of the gate. I throw the package at the shepherd, hit him and he backs down. The pit sees the opening and bites me right below my ass. I break my clipboard over his head. He is stunned and lets go. I make it to the gate and sit down on the first step of my pc, digesting what just happened. A neighbor walks over from across the street and says "You ain't the regular boy that delivers here, are you? He knows better than to go in that yard." I said "why don't they have a beware of dog sign posted?" He says "They used to, but the dogs ate the sign." True story. I ended up going to the hospital and getting it treated. Feeders looked better and better. lol.