New 1000's

gman042

Been around the block a few times
The noise level is damn near criminal. Try leaving your lights on at night with your flashers on and your E-Break off. For the love of god you’d think it was the end of days.

Easy fix
Take your instrument cluster off and tape over the buzzers and beepers
Makes this much more tolerable
There is no reason that much racket is needed

specter208

I've noticed newer freightliners seem a little slower than some of the older ones. Same engine and everything, maybe they're detuning them a bit to try and have them last longer lol. Love the screamin eagles that come from them though.
Probably a tune on the throttle to improve fuel economy.

swing_drv

Leaf springs, got it. Didn't know the proper terminology for those things. I'm still not sure why the took them away on the new cars. I will say that it makes it easier to get in between two back to back package cars from the outside though
They took them out because people were hitting objects with tail swing.

Rack em

Made the Podium
From the looks of the new bumpers I think drivers are still hitting stuff.

Half of ‘em are turned sideways.
It's because they were so poorly designed that if you back into a dock or the lineup with any angle at all, one side gets pushed in and stuck like that. All of our PC's with the new bumpers are all crooked.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
Last I looked, the bumpers have telescoping mounts now. The shifting program sometimes can corrected with a secret method I'm not going to reveal. It could get you into trouble anyway.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
FWIW, silencing warning systems is taken pretty seriously in light of recent events. Granted they may be excessive, the do serve a purpose.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
FWIW, silencing warning systems is taken pretty seriously in light of recent events. Granted they may be excessive, the do serve a purpose.
I believe one of their main purposes is to subliminally make drivers nervous and anxious while they are sounding and lighting up the dashboard, in order to hurry along those who fall under their trance.

....personally I don't even hear the ones that are repetitive anymore, often being scolded by whoever I am talking on the phone with, who seem to become nervous and annoyed themselves.

Sometimes I turn on my parking lights when I want to get off of a call.

dogs.bite.me

I believe one of their main purposes is to subliminally make drivers nervous and anxious while they are sounding and lighting up the dashboard, in order to hurry along those who fall under their trance.

....personally I don't even hear the ones that are repetitive anymore, often being scolded by whoever I am talking on the phone with, who seem to become nervous and annoyed themselves.

Sometimes I turn on my parking lights when I want to get off of a call.

On some PKG cars. If you turn the dash lights all the way down, the beeping from headlights goes away. Helpful for rainy days when you have your lights on with plenty of daylight.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Losing your mind, over a couple of beepers or buzzers ?

I think we have a new winner.

On why.... I failed an alcohol/drug test.

Are you bringing a toolbox to work ?
You haven’t heard the new ones.
Its literally like having an air raid siren going off in the cab.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
Turns out the transmissions are programmed that way for economy. Maybe a reflash is possible if they change their minds about poor road performance.