New Ford PCs

oldngray

nowhere special
Stay the hell out of the left lane unless passing. Insano speeds.
giphy.gif

Redtag

Part on order, ok to drive
My 20 year old Dakota is completely rustfree. (WASHINGTON)

I have never been to Washington but spent some time in California and all the Washington vehicles I saw were rust free. Do they salt the hell out of the roads there? From what I understand it does not snow that much up there.

Speaking of the west coast. First time I wrenched on a true never seen a northeast road CA vehicle I was so amazed I brought other mechanics over to look at how easy everything was to remove. It was a 20 year old Astro van a friend brought back from the Bay Area. Looked like a 1 year old New England car underneath.

Seriously made me consider moving.

Up here in the northeast what kills our cars is the constant freeze/thaw cycles. If it stayed frozen it would be easier on the cars, They have to salt the hell out of the roads here because of it.

The Fords have the oil drains and filters located right over the front axle. Somebody should have been fired for that.

Yeah... I hate that, makes a mess

Poop Head

Judge me.
Apparently Jake has gotten his up to 200km/hr on the autobahn...
That's not even really that fast.
Was shotgun in a crazy Audi on the autobahn. got up to about 260kmh, then someone pulled into the far left lane, so far ahead that I could barely see them do it. Driver braked harrrrdd and we still almost rear ended them.
Also, hung out with some motorcycle psychos that have chains running from their handlebars to around their necks, so if they crash they die instantly.

Viva Las Duetschland

Redtag

I am thankful for the favorable low rust conditions. I can't afford to replace it.

Yeah, new trucks are crazy expensive now.

I hear it’s really nice out there. A friend of mine lived in port Angeles for awhile. Told me it was all of the best parts of New England without the snow in the winter and humidity in the summer.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
Yeah, new trucks are crazy expensive now.

I hear it’s really nice out there. A friend of mine lived in port Angeles for awhile. Told me it was all of the best parts of New England without the snow in the winter and humidity in the summer.
Go skiing just outside of town at Hurricane Ridge .

ColdHarvest

Was shotgun in a crazy Audi on the autobahn. got up to about 260kmh, then someone pulled into the far left lane, so far ahead that I could barely see them do it. Driver braked harrrrdd and we still almost rear ended them.
Also, hung out with some motorcycle psychos that have chains running from their handlebars to around their necks, so if they crash they die instantly.

Viva Las Duetschland
It's funny how you think 260 kmh is some sort of absurd speed.

This is a typical day in the left lane. Of course, you're American, where morons go 80 mph (converted for you low brows) in the left lane and think you're flying.

You'd be arrested for obstructing traffic here. And rightly so.

Poop Head

Judge me.

This is a typical day in the left lane. Of course, you're American, where morons go 80 mph (converted for you low brows) in the left lane and think you're flying.

You're just grumpy cuz you couldn't handle carrying boxes for a living

specter208

Slower is better. More reaction time, less stopping distance, better fuel economy, etc.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Viva Las Duetschland
That’s a little faster than my idiot friend drove his eclipse on American highways.

We lost track of time one night it was 8 min til curfew and we were 16 miles away. We made it home with time to spare.

Redtag

But he makes $190,000 a year and has a secretary!

Yup, he also was some sort of contractor for the USMC in another thread where he claimed to be paid over 100k a year with access to a private plane and could pick his missions. So of course he comes to UPS and pushes cardboard at 10 bucks a hour for a little while and then one day remembers....

OMG... I forgot I have this fancy degree.. I can get a job that starts at 190k a year with full benefits and have a 19 year old girl get me coffee.

So now he is gone...

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
Yup, he also was some sort of contractor for the USMC in another thread where he claimed to be paid over 100k a year with access to a private plane and could pick his missions. So of course he comes to UPS and pushes cardboard at 10 bucks a hour for a little while and then one day remembers....

OMG... I forgot I have this fancy degree.. I can get a job that starts at 190k a year with full benefits and have a 19 year old girl get me coffee.

So now he is gone...
Did not realize 007 was among us.

clean hairy

I hope that the new Fords are better than the old ones.

I am old and I admit it. I grew up in the old Ford P 500 and P 800's. They were some of the worst death traps that we had.

I had wheels break off on the highway, rear ends lock up on the highway and the last P500 we crushed was even worse.

This car was horrible. For two years it was repeatedly written up for driving itself off of the road. You would drive down the road and at any speed it would pull itself 10-15 feet in either direction.

Please remember that my building gets all of the problem vehicles from other buildings.

I had an OJS with a supervisor from another center while driving this car. It only took about an hour to throw me off the road. I was told to pull over and took a horrible tail reaming for careless driving.

Later, the supervisor was driving for demonstration. Sure enough, we ended up off the road in a short time.

You would not believe the lecture that happened after he recovered. I was told that it is because of drivers like me that my center gets crap cars like this ( are they trying to kill us?)

This car ended up with a Saturday driver that rolled it on a straight stretch of highway. She was severely injured. This car was written up for the last three days as " unsafe to drive, take out of service". Mysteriously, the DVIR disappeared the first night of the accident.

This is why I hope that the new Ford's are better!
Ford really means "Found Off Road in Ditch?"