New Atlanta Hub

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
Ours is in the NJ district. We can't get anything from them, only good thing is management is too lazy to drive 3 hrs to visit. Plus our building numbers are too good. They leave us alone.
there isn't a NJ district, you're either Chesapeake or North Atlantic, depending if you're in the south or north part of NJ, respectively

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Who cares what district. Lol. They all suck ass ! Doesn’t matter except for numbers.
Which is why I run-gun everyday!

(OJS hidden cam)
giphy.gif

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
All we need is one 1/10th the size of that building. We out grew our 20 route building 15 yrs ago. We now load 15 areas outside for peak season. In makeshift plastic boxes. Poor loaders freeze their asses off. No heat

Many hubs load outside as well. My building has 200+/- routes and I bet at least 40 are loaded outside all year. I'm sure it's well over 100 outside during peak.

barnyard

KTM rider
One of the PLEGA drivers told me all night sorts in Atlanta will be moving to the new building so a bunch of feeder jobs will be transferring to the new building.

If it is anything like the way a new hub opened near me, it will be a while before all the moves are implemented, like a few years.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
View attachment 173270 View attachment 173271 It’s massive, it’s built near I-20 West and I-285 next to a general aviation airport. Lots of logistics warehouses will be built around it. Fully automated sorting systems with 1500 employees. I think about 400 package routes and 300 Feeder jobs.
Do all of these buildings and any smaller adjacent ones that might be pulling pkg and feeder runs all fall under the same local union... if not that’s going to get very messy... especially on the feeder side if things..

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Do all of these buildings and any smaller adjacent ones that might be pulling pkg and feeder runs all fall under the same local union... if not that’s going to get very messy... especially on the feeder side if things..

Local 728 covers the whole state. I think we have a good Local, our Business Agent is in the building frequently. My Center does deliver the Local's offices....