New CDC Guidelines for Essential Employees

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
And how do you know? Where did you go to law school and what’s Fedex’s track record in court?

Because it's a stupid argument on its face and the newest lawyer hired by the company last Friday afternoon who graduated law school on the Thursday before would destroy it in the first 20 minutes of litigation.

Go ahead, make the case that FedEx is at fault in a COVID-19 death due to the circumstances mentioned in the OP. I need a laugh.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Be polite, but remind them of the recent CDC guidelines about essential workers wearing masks. Disinfecting things, too.

Aren't you the one who "barged" in to his manager's office demanding to know what they were doing to protect you and your co-workers from the virus? Doesn't sound very "polite" to me.

MassWineGuy

Not me. I first wrote down questions and gave them to my manager. Then we had a meeting to discuss the matter. So polite and civil that we could have served finger sandwiches.

AB831

Because it's a stupid argument on its face and the newest lawyer hired by the company last Friday afternoon who graduated law school on the Thursday before would destroy it in the first 20 minutes of litigation.

Go ahead, make the case that FedEx is at fault in a COVID-19 death due to the circumstances mentioned in the OP. I need a laugh.
Again. Where did you go to law school and what makes you such an expert on will or won't be thrown out of court? McDonald's lost a lawsuit where some maroon sued them for not warning her that her coffee was hot. This kind of thing is exactly why lawyers are so rich

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Again. Where did you go to law school and what makes you such an expert on will or won't be thrown out of court? McDonald's lost a lawsuit where some maroon sued them for not warning her that her coffee was hot. This kind of thing is exactly why lawyers are so rich

Technically they settled out of court.

59 Dano

Again. Where did you go to law school and what makes you such an expert on will or won't be thrown out of court?

I never said it would be thrown out, I said the suits don't stand a chance at winning.

It isn't rocket science. Plaintiff has to prove with via a preponderance of the evidence that FedEx's COVID-19 procedures at the station led to a fatal case of the virus, which is all but impossible to do.

Like I said, if you'd like to make the case I'll be happy to make a fool out of you.

McDonald's lost a lawsuit where some maroon sued them for not warning her that her coffee was hot. This kind of thing is exactly why lawyers are so rich

They weren't sued for not warning her that the coffee was hot. She knew the coffee was hot.

This isn't going well for you.

AB831

I never said it would be thrown out, I said the suits don't stand a chance at winning.

It isn't rocket science. Plaintiff has to prove with via a preponderance of the evidence that FedEx's COVID-19 procedures at the station led to a fatal case of the virus, which is all but impossible to do.

Like I said, if you'd like to make the case I'll be happy to make a fool out of you.

They weren't sued for not warning her that the coffee was hot. She knew the coffee was hot.

This isn't going well for you.
I’ll ask this a third time now- where did you go to law school?

59 Dano

I’ll ask this a third time now- where did you go to law school?

Where I did or didn't go to law school is irrelevant. The fact is that whoever is doing the suing has to establish a direct link between FedEx's actions and an employee contracting the coronavirus, which is almost impossible to do, and would be easy to fight in court.

If you want to argue it, argue it.

floridays

Nope. Would establish a bad precedent. Didn't cut checks for the guys whose flight careers were ended from the jumpseat terrorist. They paid them what they were liable for via workers comp and so forth, but not a cent more.
I have been quiet until this point.
Exactly,
are you sure and how, the pilots didn't get anything beyond workman's comp?
You must have been either in house or hired counsel to make such a definitive statement.
Nothing more than a question.
More to come possibly.