New contract pay.

Quigley

I didn't even get the .70 on my check. I'm going to file a grievance for the higher progression rates, although I feel I may end up with just the .70 (if anything at all)

Sent using BrownCafe App
When did you go full time? Whats your rate right now?

No, I am full-time, I was off the street hire and I will hit year 2 in June. Based on that on year 2 on the old contract I am set to make 20.75 but new contract has 21.00 at year 2.

Quigley

Went full-time in March 2013. My rate now is $18.45, just got the 1 year raise back in March.

Sent using BrownCafe App
You should go to $19.50 right away and get a retro check for the difference between $17.25 and $18.75 back to Aug 1. But I'm not sure you wont have to file a grievence to get it. Hopefully not

baklava

I don’t work at UPS anymore.
You should go to $19.50 right away and get a retro check for the difference between $17.25 and $18.75 back to Aug 1. But I'm not sure you wont have to file a grievence to get it. Hopefully not

I agree, and I've been asking about this point on here for months. My center manager asked labor/finance about it and they said I am NOT entitled to the higher wages, which means I'll be filing.

Sent using BrownCafe App

upschuck

I agree, and I've been asking about this point on here for months. My center manager asked labor/finance about it and they said I am NOT entitled to the higher wages, which means I'll be filing.
You stay in old contract wage progression. It is in the new contract.

Quigley

In that case the union and company better set aside a bunch of time. I can see hundreds of grievances filed over the next few weeks.

upschuck

Well maybe you wouldnt mind making less then the guy started after you did but I would venture to guess you would be by yourself.
But what would you grieve? Got to have a basis for a grievance, would you rather have pennies now, or have $10+ more in a couple years. Only the short sighted would want the former.

Quigley

I would grieve the fact thats its unfair for somebody to make more money then the guy who started 6 months earlier. I cant beleive anybody would accept the excuse "we will screw you now but make it up to you later". By the way I have 21 years in so this doesnt effect me personally.

upschuck

I would grieve the fact thats its unfair for somebody to make more money then the guy who started 6 months earlier. I cant beleive anybody would accept the excuse "we will screw you now but make it up to you later". By the way I have 21 years in so this doesnt effect me personally.
Maybe I'll grieve because I think I should make more than the contract states I should, too.

Quigley

Full-time employees still in progression on the effective date of this
Master Agreement shall receive the above contractual increases.
They will be paid no less than what they are entitled to in accordance
with Article 41, Section 2 below.

Start
$18.75
Seniority
$18.75 Twelve (12) months $19.50 Twenty-four (24) months $25.00
Forty-eight (48) months Top Rate

Last edited:

Acc0rd

Quigley, I got some PT friends who just got their paychecks and talked to me about why they only got 50cent this year when they have been at UPS since Sept or Oct of '12. In my years at UPS it was also if you had seniority, you were rolled into the new contract! Why didn't they get 70 cent like everyone else? There were a few guys tonight I heard with this problem. I just told them they need to go get with a union rep and have them go over it to see whats going on!