New courier kills Sprinter

ProfitServiceProfit

v2Is4lT.jpg

New couriers first day on the road. Says brakes went out and couldn't stop. It's cold here but roads are dry and no ice. Speed limit is 35 mph where this happened. No injuries, no citations.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Man! How did that courier already get a new sprinter? It's not fair! I'm driving an old one with over 200,000 miles and I've been around over 20 years!

I say give the newbies the junk and us old farts the new ones. Most of us would take better care of them.

FUFred

NO way is this totaled. Vehicle Maintenance will hammer out the dents, toss some new stickers on it and put a note next to the fuel gauge not to over half a tank a diesel. It will be on the road tomorrow.

ProfitServiceProfit

Man! How did that courier already get a new sprinter? It's not fair! I'm driving an old one with over 200,000 miles and I've been around over 20 years!

I say give the newbies the junk and us old farts the new ones. Most of us would take better care of them.

They replaced almost all of the trucks with new sprinters at this station a couple years ago. I'm not there anymore but I'd imagine this one has well over 100k miles by now.

It's such a bummer when your brakes go out on your very first day.

Right? Lol I wonder if the new sprinters have "black boxes" that record telemetry and stuff.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
v2Is4lT.jpg

New couriers first day on the road. Says brakes went out and couldn't stop. It's cold here but roads are dry and no ice. Speed limit is 35 mph where this happened. No injuries, no citations.

Nice one. My guess is looking at PowerPad and then... bad things. Again, Freddie. You get what you pay for.