New Democrat Plan To Tax The Rich, Taxing Assets. Will It Work?

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Time to move out if that state if you are wealthy. My prediction is, this is exactly what will happen.

Wally

These lefties absolutely think it is their money. Taxing assets like stock in a company? Do they return the money if the value goes down?

Wally

america used to tax corportions and the rich and you were much better country back then

you keep cutting taxes for the rich and you economy keeps getting worse. arent bailouts for the rich higher than ever? probably a sign of late stage empire.
Corporations leave the country if taxed too much. Those of means won't take getting screwed over either, they will leave.

rickyb

Corporations leave the country if taxed too much. Those of means won't take getting screwed over either, they will leave.
theyve already left. why pay america wages, and follow laws saying you cant pollute, when you can do that overseas for less and profit?

vantexan

america used to tax corportions and the rich and you were much better country back then

you keep cutting taxes for the rich and you economy keeps getting worse. arent bailouts for the rich higher than ever? probably a sign of late stage empire.
China has become the oldest population in the world. All over the developed world nations are becoming too old to sustain themselves. Big exception is the U.S. The combined U.S., Canada, and Mexico economic bloc will be the world's strongest because of demographics. Seems our "empire" will go on. Must be frustrating for you.

Yolo

I...will....not support....any government....that wants to collect taxes....they deserve to own 99% of the WEALTH....MAGA... Hail Corporations.... The CEOs second Yacht....will always...be more... IMPORTANT...than feeding the...hungry... If the hungry were...AS SMART as...THE Billionaires then....They would...be... Billionaires...two .

vantexan

I...will....not support....any government....that wants to collect taxes....they deserve to own 99% of the WEALTH....MAGA... Hail Corporations.... The CEOs second Yacht....will always...be more... IMPORTANT...than feeding the...hungry... If the hungry were...AS SMART as...THE Billionaires then....They would...be... Billionaires...two .
They would be billionaires "too" or would there be two billionaires?

Up In Smoke

Republicans to introduce a 30% sales tax for all purchases. Food, homes, gas and goods. I believe this would eliminate state and federal withholding. I didn't see how this would affect SSI though.

Up In Smoke

The 30% sales tax would virtually eliminate the need for the IRS and tax returns for individuals. I didn't see how this would affect nonprofit or religious entities. The Unions are taxes as nonprofit.

Thebrownblob

Sure works for trump.
1674127528081.gif

Wally

The 30% sales tax would virtually eliminate the need for the IRS and tax returns for individuals. I didn't see how this would affect nonprofit or religious entities. The Unions are taxes as nonprofit.
Then Liberals get in power and introduce new taxes on top of the 30 percent. Buying votes and keeping poor folk on the dole is expensive.

Up In Smoke

Then Liberals get in power and introduce new taxes on top of the 30 percent. Buying votes and keeping poor folk on the dole is expensive.
I didn't read the whole proposal, but the 30% seemed to be the low water mark. The "poor" would receive relief ($) in an effort to level the playing field. I like the proposal, some sort of flat tax collected by the state and pushed up to the federal level makes sense. The 30% home purchasing tax could be a trouble spot.