New Democrat Plan To Tax The Rich, Taxing Assets. Will It Work?

bacha29

This is always a funny argument. Putting money back in his pocket? How much did they take out of his pocket? And because of people like you who could not, and would not plan for their retirement the rest of us have been forced to give from our paychecks to take care of people like you, without you we would’ve been better off. I suppose I’m supposed to be happy that I’m never going to receive back what I put in in and the many hundreds of thousands of dollars I could’ve made if I had been able to invest it myself. Your argument, as usual is ignorant. Thank you. Great giant great government for giving me a deal I would’ve never taken if I had the choice.

bacha29

This is always a funny argument. Putting money back in his pocket? How much did they take out of his pocket? And because of people like you who could not, and would not plan for their retirement the rest of us have been forced to give from our paychecks to take care of people like you, without you we would’ve been better off. I suppose I’m supposed to be happy that I’m never going to receive back what I put in in and the many hundreds of thousands of dollars I could’ve made if I had been able to invest it myself. Your argument, as usual is ignorant. Thank you. Great giant great government for giving me a deal I would’ve never taken if I had the choice.
On 3 separate occasions just this first quarter century the American people learned the hard way that FICA retirement contributions are the only retirement contributions that are federally insured.
As we've discussed before Bush 43 wanted to privatize SS as he stated in his state of the union address. Everybody was very much excited about it until:

1. Estimated transition costs.....almost 2 trillion
2. Banks announced that it would be charging service and management fees on retirement account balances
due to the likelihood that a number of people would be drawing the money back out as fast as they were putting it in.
3. Thanks primarily due to the repeal of Glass-Steagall billions in UNINSURED retirement savings were lost in the 2007-2008
collapse.

And BTW, my retirement portfolio is above the average.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Oh look another thread where bacha cries that the big bad gop is going to take his handouts away. What else is new.
Those bloodsuckers are all the same, always looking for another handout from the government. They have no concept of where it comes from. To them it’s just free money. They are literally dismantling the house for firewood. Idiots

vantexan

Are you prepared for and would not object to a sizeable reduction in your old age income and healthcare benefits in order to create a balanced budget because leaders in your political party have made it crystal clear that cuts to social program entitlements will be their focus when a new spending bill in one form or another will come before Congress later this month?

Yes or no?

BTW. Barack Obama was a minority president for 6 of the 8 years he was in office.
He had complete control for two years. Same for Biden. Where was the fix?

Again with the fear mongering. As Paul Ryan once pointed out Social Security is self funding and even his mother depended on it. No one is looking to eliminate it. Political suicide. But as long as there are Democrats dreaming up new ways to spend a lot of money, like student loan forgiveness, this country will be in financial hot water and social programs could end up be ruined.

bacha29

He had complete control for two years. Same for Biden. Where was the fix?

Again with the fear mongering. As Paul Ryan once pointed out Social Security is self funding and even his mother depended on it. No one is looking to eliminate it. Political suicide. But as long as there are Democrats dreaming up new ways to spend a lot of money, like student loan forgiveness, this country will be in financial hot water and social programs could end up be ruined.
If your party gets the spending cuts they and you have long advocated and you find yourself with less monthly income and higher premiums, deductibles and copays under Medicare.....knowing you , you'll blame the Democrats.....for giving you...exactly what you wanted.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
If your party gets the spending cuts they and you have long advocated and you find yourself with less monthly income and higher premiums, deductibles and copays under Medicare.....knowing you , you'll blame the Democrats.....for giving you...exactly what you wanted.
You know, if the funding for these ‘social’ programs, as you call them, only came from the pockets of the members of the party that voted them in, you would have a legitimate leg to stand on. I have no quarrel with people who attempt to recover some of the money taken from them via government taxes due to government overreach.

So, until you are willing to pay out of your pocket for programs that benefit even the non-contributors, you have no more right to criticize anyone than rickyb does!

bacha29

You know, if the funding for these ‘social’ programs, as you call them, only came from the pockets of the members of the party that voted them in, you would have a legitimate leg to stand on. I have no quarrel with people who attempt to recover some of the money taken from them via government taxes due to government overreach.

So, until you are willing to pay out of your pocket for programs that benefit even the non-contributors, you have no more right to criticize anyone than rickyb does!
Please define "non contributors" given that you have NO access to their tax and employment records. Whether or not they qualify rests with the auditors and administrative law judges.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Please define "non contributors" given that you have NO access to their tax and employment records. Whether or not they qualify rests with the auditors and administrative law judges.
So as long as you have a definition of a non-contributor, you would happily pay your share as well as theirs.

You're a bigger sucker than I thought.

vantexan

If they'd get the spending under control on things that aren't needed, the endless pork, we'll be in a much better position to protect the things that matter. But you'll never agree to reducing spending.

bacha29

So as long as you have a definition of a non-contributor, you would happily pay your share as well as theirs.

You're a bigger sucker than I thought.
You're deflecting . It was you who coined the term "noncontributor" Now you tell me....how doe the LAW define the term noncontributor?.

bacha29

If they'd get the spending under control on things that aren't needed, the endless pork, we'll be in a much better position to protect the things that matter. But you'll never agree to reducing spending.
So called "pork" spending you talk about. 1.7% of the total budget. Congressman are always accusing special projects for which another congressman can get funding for of being "pork" while the special projects for which they themselves get for their own district is in their mind's eye....."needed and deserving spending".

vantexan

So called "pork" spending you talk about. 1.7% of the total budget. Congressman are always accusing special projects for which another congressman can get funding for of being "pork" while the special projects for which they themselves get for their own district is in their mind's eye....."needed and deserving spending".
There's plenty of waste, abuse, and fraud. And plenty of documented ridiculous items having money thrown at them. This is well known. But I realize that living within our means is the Democrats' kryptonite. You just can't help yourselves.

Last edited:

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Lie.

bacha29

There's plenty of waste, abuse, and fraud. And plenty of documented ridiculous items having money thrown at them. This is well known. But I realize that living within our means is the Democrats' kryptonite. You just can't help yourselves.
Again, what one congressman sees as pork another sees as needed spending. In the meantime why don't you take your advanced education and do some good with it by developing some meaningful budgetary reforms or perhaps get yourself a job as a Treasury Department field auditor?

vantexan

Again, what one congressman sees as pork another sees as needed spending. In the meantime why don't you take your advanced education and do some good with it by developing some meaningful budgetary reforms or perhaps get yourself a job as a Treasury Department field auditor?
Yah, they're looking for me to show up at the Treasury anytime now. 😂