New DVIR Procedure

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

You know how this crap goes. You read about it here and *poof*, you're dealing with it in real life.

Unless of course, you're Dave...

Actually I used the last page of my book last night and turned in the whole book to our OMS clerk. Our mechanic is off all week so I know there will not be a new book in my pkg car Monday morning.

trickpony1

...which means I will have to walk down to the mechanic shop and ask DJ for a new book....

Oh darn!....don't exert yourself.

But wait......aren't you the guy that goes balls to the wall all day but you can't walk to the shop, at $52 an hour overtime, chat with the mechanic, get a DVIR book and actually be DOT legal?

I'm trying to keep up.....I really am.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Not sure if this is everywhere....they make us sign and print our name in the book

We are asked to sign our name legibly and to print it if we are unable to do so.

I also put the ending odometer in the upper right hand corner. I started doing this when I was on a country run with a pkg car that had a faulty fuel gauge.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Oh darn!....don't exert yourself.

But wait......aren't you the guy that goes balls to the wall all day but you can't walk to the shop, at $52 an hour overtime, chat with the mechanic, get a DVIR book and actually be DOT legal?

I'm trying to keep up.....I really am.

We turn the book in when it is completed. It is their job to give us a new book. Our night mechanic has been off all week on a doctor's note so I know that I will walk in Monday and not see a new book in the holder.

Why is this so difficult for you to understand?