New employee knee injury

I've been with UPS about 2 months. I work hard, work smart, and can get along with anyone so it's been very positive...Until a knee injury occurred. Sups still very supportive but I feel management is getting a little impatient about the whole situation. The ups dr has me on work restrictions, which ups still haven't found a way to accommodate 100% aand I let slide until I realized how serious my injury probably is. So now im advocating more on my behalf and it feels like they are getting angry with me. The manager says things like "any idea when these restrictions will be lifted". It just seems like the higher up management could be a bit more understanding but from what I've heard about UPS that's likely not the case. So, I guess what I want to know is can they fire me during the process of figuring out what my treatment plan is? If not is it likely they will be resentful and find a way to let me go when it's all said and done?

I've been with UPS about 2 months. I work hard, work smart, and can get along with anyone so it's been very positive...Until a knee injury occurred. Sups still very supportive but I feel management is getting a little impatient about the whole situation. The ups dr has me on work restrictions, which ups still haven't found a way to accommodate 100% aand I let slide until I realized how serious my injury probably is. So now im advocating more on my behalf and it feels like they are getting angry with me. The manager says things like "any idea when these restrictions will be lifted". It just seems like the higher up management could be a bit more understanding but from what I've heard about UPS that's likely not the case. So, I guess what I want to know is can they fire me during the process of figuring out what my treatment plan is? If not is it likely they will be resentful and find a way to let me go when it's all said and done?
Are you in the union yet?

Im not sure..I had filled out the paper with the union steward and she said someone would contact me. That was about 2 weeks ago and I haven't heard anything and so far no fees taken out of paycheck that I know of

Im most likely going to need surgery and at least a month off with workers comp pay so im worried with the grief they are already giving how bad will it be after. Trying to be positive but still worried lol.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Im most likely going to need surgery and at least a month off with workers comp pay so im worried with the grief they are already giving how bad will it be after. Trying to be positive but still worried lol.

they can’t fire you for getting injured
But
they will find something else to try and fire you for

MattM

Were you hurt on the job? We've had guys hurt off the job they were able to get a little bit of time off

Workers comp is rough on their numbers. Vs just being unpaid

Were you hurt on the job? We've had guys hurt off the job they were able to get a little bit of time off

Workers comp is rough on their numbers. Vs just being unpaid

Yes I was hurt on the job. I can work with 95%sitting restriction no ladders no stairs. But they're having a hard time finding something that follows the restrictions.. or maybe they just don't want to..idk.

Harley Rider

34 yrs & done!
They will not keep you on light duty once they find out you need surgery. I have had five surgeries on my knees and ankles. Once the doctor tells them you can’t work, they will put you on workman comp.

Take the time off and quit worrying about it. Get your surgery and get healed up.Unless you are a complete slacker and they hate you, you are ok. Injuries happen....... Just get ready for a lot of safety training to be shoved down your throat when you come back.

PT Car Washer

They will not keep you on light duty once they find out you need surgery. I have had five surgeries on my knees and ankles. Once the doctor tells them you can’t work, they will put you on workman comp.

Take the time off and quit worrying about it. Get your surgery and get healed up.Unless you are a complete slacker and they hate you, you are ok. Injuries happen....... Just get ready for a lot of safety training to be shoved down your throat when you come back.
She has only been working 2 months and is already a liability. Does not bode well for a career as a delivery driver. And I really doubt if you have ever met a higher up management person. They never associate with hourly workers unless it is some dog and pony show for the media.

Safety training has already begun.. thank you for the positive advice

She has only been working 2 months and is already a liability. Does not bode well for a career as a delivery driver. And I really doubt if you have ever met a higher up management person. They never associate with hourly workers unless it is some dog and pony show for the media.
I have no desire to become a driver i would get bored with the same thing everyday so I'm ok being a lowly part timer.
By higher management I mean that I had no reason to interact with before. Sure they're not the highest but not the sups im used to getting my orders from.

And I agree about the liability thing that's exactly how I feel. Even though it technically wasn't my fault they'll never see it that way and go as far as cleverly wording and purposefully omitting details so I look like a liability on paper also.