New here, and I'm currently on training to be a FT driver and have a question.

Cementups

Box Monkey
No accident. Sometimes when I brush the car up against a tree on a narrow street the mirror bracket folds but it's a rare but if the mirror were to crack, then I'm on the phone with the boss.
I usually will park either before after a tree in order to park close to the sidewalk and walk the stop off.
Why would you ever call the boss for a broken mirror? Just write it up in the DVIR an the mechanic will fix it. Report it to the boss and you'll get charged with an accident.

underworked1

Why would you ever call the boss for a broken mirror? Just write it up in the DVIR an the mechanic will fix it. Report it to the boss and you'll get charged with an accident.
Break the mirror on route and don't report it...next morning you are permanently fired for not reporting accident. Yes, a broken mirror is an accident. And why are you driving around with a missing mirror. Unsafe

nystripe96

Yup, any damage on route must be reported. Swallowing ones pride is tough, but at least it won't affect your job status...unless it's tier 3

Arch

Ok, thanks guys. I've just finished my 1 week training class and pass. I felt like I didn't learn much because there was too many things to do on the computer that you can't remember everything. They told me to come prepared Monday at 8am. Is there anything I should bring with me? People says water and your own lunch and a good map. What about a flash light to see addresses at night or a tape gun in case packages break inside your vehicle? How do these equipment pass security when entering the building if I need them?

I just want to be well prepared for my first day.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
Ok, thanks guys. I've just finished my 1 week training class and pass. I felt like I didn't learn much because there was too many things to do on the computer that you can't remember everything. They told me to come prepared Monday at 8am. Is there anything I should bring with me? People says water and your own lunch and a good map. What about a flash light to see addresses at night or a tape gun in case packages break inside your vehicle? How do these equipment pass security when entering the building if I need them?

Bring an empty water bottle to pee in. And a couple waters to drink. Use your google maps. And a paper map, to get the bigger picture. And a bible. You won't have time for the sandwich if you are trying to qualify. Good luck.

Cementups

Box Monkey
Break the mirror on route and don't report it...next morning you are permanently fired for not reporting accident. Yes, a broken mirror is an accident. And why are you driving around with a missing mirror. Unsafe

Sorry, even our management team tells us not to bother them over a mirror. Just let the mechanic know and it will be taken care of.

billerz

I would bring food and water, and maybe a flashlight. Someone will be with you for the first few days, so don't worry about being stranded out there lol. There are a lot of threads on here about what to bring with you to work, just search around I'm sure you can find some good tips. 8)

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
I'd show up at 730 instead of 8...only while you're training though...we just had a guy fired for showing up late on his first day

ups1990

I always work like I'm being watched and report anything that I feel should be self-reported.
I guess that when you play golf with your buddies, they see you once at the tee box and then again at the green and when it comes to giving out your score you say, oh I got a four or five on a par 4.

Shifting Contents

Most Help Needed
I hit a street sign with the mirror in a condt construction zone my first day in a PC

ORS said "we'll just pretend that didn't happen"

An hour or so later he got lost and i said "I owe you one so we'll just pretend that didn't happen"

He laughed

BrownThunder

No you're good just pull over as soon as you can safely to swing the mirror back out. And don't tell anyone you work with that you hit anything unless it's serious.

I'm sure more than a few of us have let the tail graze up against a few stationary objects early into our career.

Make sure you watch that tail swing when turning, especially when there are cars behind you trying to squeeze by you. If they play you too close your tail could swing wide and they will nail you from the rear.

El Correcto

god is dead
Also request a stack of grievance forms the second you make seniority methods them to death and watch the money stack. If you run the same route 5 days in a row go 9.5.

If you have an iPhone get the app called HoursTracker. Thing will show them you are not stupid and need to be paid.

Brown Matrix

He Starting To Belive
Maybe I'm paranoid or just plain dumb but if you happen to brush over tree leaves with the package car does it count as an accident? I had this incident happen to me today where it push the passenger side mirror in. It happen in a residential area where they have big trees. I was going about 10 mpg when I didn't see it on impact. The instructor just push the mirror back out and told me to just keep going. No signs of damage to the vehicle, but I'm kinda scared now thinking if I'm disqualified for it.
Your good
No signs of damage is ok, but always look for paint and scrapes in the light as a note. Blue paint on a brown truck is a dead give away.
OK you can use this only one time a Bee or Wasp few in the Cab and was on my face." As i hit the breaks to swat it that when it I made contact with the object". I had to use that once on a mail box. A kid was driving my way and was to close for my comfort.

Last edited:

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
I used to cross a narrow 4 lane suspension bridge several times a day on my old route. One morning a couple of young guys walking across the pedestrian walk chucked a pop can at the truck and I instinctively ducked because the doors were open, and I cracked the mirror on the metal bridge support. Called it right in, and it was not an issue at all. Mirrors are cheap, but never hide anything like that.

Anything small enough to hide wont get you fired, unless you try to hide it. Anything big enough to get you fired probably can't really be hidden.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Maybe I'm paranoid or just plain dumb but if you happen to brush over tree leaves with the package car does it count as an accident? I had this incident happen to me today where it push the passenger side mirror in. It happen in a residential area where they have big trees. I was going about 10 mpg when I didn't see it on impact. The instructor just push the mirror back out and told me to just keep going. No signs of damage to the vehicle, but I'm kinda scared now thinking if I'm disqualified for it.
UPS Tree Trimming Service! No charge!