New Here with A Upcoming Test for Maintenance Technician

GreasyBadgers

Hello!

I just got off the phone with a UPS representative looking for a maintenance technician. I am very excited for this opportunity. The representative was talking about a test that will be with the interview. I was wondering if anyone could give me some insight on what to study for the test? I would love to be able to pass the test but it also has been awhile since I did a test for a company. If anyone could point me in the right direction on what to study that would be fantastic as I would love to be apart for UPS.

Thank you!

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
From what I've seen on this forum, the toughest part of the testing is the electrical portion (up to 480V stuff; motors, controllers, etc.). I'm pretty sure the other areas are pretty straightforward, e.g.: how to adjust belt tension on an air compressor, basic cutting/welding Qs, pulley/geartrain reduction...

MisplacedRailWorker

an absolute *ing disgrace of a human being.
Hello!

I just got off the phone with a UPS representative looking for a maintenance technician. I am very excited for this opportunity. The representative was talking about a test that will be with the interview. I was wondering if anyone could give me some insight on what to study for the test? I would love to be able to pass the test but it also has been awhile since I did a test for a company. If anyone could point me in the right direction on what to study that would be fantastic as I would love to be apart for UPS.

Thank you!
I'm not a mechanic and I know nothing about the test, but if it works like any other part of UPS (which I know it does) then understand that you might even be able to do pretty :censored2:ty on the test and get hired, or ace it and they pass based on one thing, and one thing only: how is your attitude toward safety. If you wow them, and really convince them (and be prepared to live up to it for the rest of your career here) that you are accident free, and injury free, and believe without a shadow of a doubt that you can follow the methods as prescribed. They will probably want to train you their own "special" way but having that attitude will turn them on like a sailor coming in to port after six months.

MisplacedRailWorker

an absolute *ing disgrace of a human being.
Since no one else is really on this thread I'm curious, where are you coming from? Hats off to you for having a plan and actually learning a craft. UPS and the railroad are both places where individuals who work a craft are well compensated for it, above and beyond the operating employees.