New IVIS Thingy

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
We have the Samsung J3 version, and it is very buggy. I am hearing they will,be swapped out with Samsung S8's shortly.

They charge in the tractor and you can take them home or leave them at work. Some guys power them off completely when done and throw it in their bag and take it home.

20180310_005232.jpg

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
why would you take it home? just leave it in your locker

I take it home so I can punch out while walking out of the building, we have a long walk. It's also good if you're running late because you can start punching in before you get to the feeder office (provided your schedule is in the system).

A few weeks ago I covered a run and only went to the feeder office once, those drivers leave their keys in the tractor all week long since both runs are 11 hours +.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
I also keep a knit hat to throw over it when it acts up and doesn't turn the screen off when driving at night.

Even the OD and DT that shows when driving is still bright and annoying.

20180310_023255.jpg

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
We have 100 lockers and 500 drivers , the only way to get a locker is find someone who is retiring and bribe them
Article 5 of the master agreement
The Employer agrees to provide lockers for those employees who are
required to change into a uniform or take a lunch period. All other
employees will be provided a suitable area for keeping personal items
and clothes. Assigned lockers will not be opened by the Employer
unless either the employee or a Union representative is present.

P

pickup

What does OD and DT stand for?

OD stands for On Duty Time and on the ivis the number shown to the right of this category is how much on duty time you have left.

DT stands for driving time and the number shown for this category shows how much driving time you have available.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
So they still leave the old one in there I see. Nice.

Until these things are proven totally reliable. Right now, not looking good, and our center wants to go back to the old one until they work out all the bugs.

Took a pic, but a little blurry. It's hard to hold the phone still to take a pic at night with the tractor moving. And, before you guys rip me a new :censored2:, I was in the yard going about 2 mph. I'm surprised the IVIS registered it and the screen didn't come off on-road.

And the blue banner, phone info bar just below Samsung, is usually not there when driving. Mine only started showing up today.

20180310_014256.jpg

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!

I just realized that I did not tell you what those initials stood for, although @pickup did.

They count down, to let you know how much time on-duty time or drive time you have left. OD counts down from 14 hours, the max you can work, without an extension, without taking 10 hours off. DT counts down from 11 hours, the max you can drive without taking 10 hours off.

You said you wanted to be a feeder driver. Can you tell me why those two numbers in the picture are the same if one started counting down from 14 and the other started counting down from 11?

Indecisi0n

I just realized that I did not tell you what those initials stood for, although @pickup did.

They count down, to let you know how much time on-duty time or drive time you have left. OD counts down from 14 hours, the max you can work, without an extension, without taking 10 hours off. DT counts down from 11 hours, the max you can drive without taking 10 hours off.

You said you wanted to be a feeder driver. Can you tell me why those two numbers in the picture are the same if one started counting down from 14 and the other started counting down from 11?
I would assume because he has more time on the clock then he does actually driving?