New members - Commonly asked questions.

drewed

Shankman
Quick question maybe one of you can help me out, I keep getting different answers from management about when you actually reach your 30 day senority.

Is it 30 days from your hire date or is it 30 actual working days?

Any help you could give would be great.......Thanks:happy-very:
up here its 70 working days, so im assuming your area being less it would have to be working days

rootbeerman

Im putting this here because i dont want to start a new topic. I have had my interview on july 3, i have filled out the w4, direct deposit, etc. i told them that i could start this sunday for midnight load/unload. i was told they would call me between july 3 and now. Should i go by the center as they havent called and i didnt get a number to call them back, i have sent a message to hr from the upsjobs.com

browniehound

Im putting this here because i dont want to start a new topic. I have had my interview on july 3, i have filled out the w4, direct deposit, etc. i told them that i could start this sunday for midnight load/unload. i was told they would call me between july 3 and now. Should i go by the center as they havent called and i didnt get a number to call them back, i have sent a message to hr from the upsjobs.com

Yes, I would call if you can get a # or go by the center. By doing so, it might put your application on top of the pile. This is pure speculation on my part.

When I was hired, HR was having a difficult time staffing the building so I was hired at my interview for all intents and purposes. These were the good'ole days before Fed-Ex began taking our packages and the "Dot-Com" bubble was still being inflated, LOL. We actually filled out hand-written applications and there was none of this internet crap-you got to speak to a person!

It appears UPS is more selective today on who they hire so I think you might want to do something to stand out from the rest especially if you want to work a desirable shift like the Twi (6-11 pm).

tieguy

Banned
Quick question maybe one of you can help me out, I keep getting different answers from management about when you actually reach your 30 day senority.

Is it 30 days from your hire date or is it 30 actual working days?

Any help you could give would be great.......Thanks:happy-very:

definitely working days.

helenofcalifornia

Another dumb truck driver question: What exactly does Supply Chain Solutions do? See, I am thinking old school like when we carried those chains to measure packages to see if they were over 130". Why can't UPS just name something with a simple name so it is obvious what they/we do? Maybe like "We Answer Your Business Related Questions" dept. WAYBRQ. (Could pronounce it "waybrook")

drewed

Shankman
Its a logistics of production wing of UPS, we recieve, warehouse and distribute supplies.
Think youre local grocery chain (or any larger chain) they have a distribution hub where theyd get orders in from their stores, process and send them out so you can have your wheaties and beer in the morning.....

Atleast thats my understanding of it, i could be completely wrong llo

UPS Lifer

Helen,

You have heard of the food chain right? LOL!

Supply Chain is UPS answer to logistics companies. We provide it all for a customer and SCS manages the warehousing and shipping of products etc and all inclusive through all transportation modes.

See link http://www.ups-scs.com

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

We have a SCS bldg in Champlain, NY, which is 5 minutes from the Canadian border and, as you can probably guess, their main function is to facilitate customs paperwork for shipments going both to and from Canada. As Lifer said, they are basically a one-stop shop for businesses and one of our faster growing business segments.

DS

Fenderbender
Helen, here's one example, where I am,we deliver medical supplies for a company that lets ups scs store and distribute the goods through online orders from its customers.I deliver residential sig req pkgs of insulin and colostomy bags.