New members - Commonly asked questions.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Hi Diva29 welcome your going to love this site but I only have to caution you about 1 thing............

comet, while you have a point, you would have been a better friend if you would have said two things. you forgot to warn her about 9.5

d

LiL"Comet"

comet, while you have a point, you would have been a better friend if you would have said two things. you forgot to warn her about 9.5

d

My Bad PPPPPllllleeeeaaasssseeee forgive me..... Oh ya! Diva don't be over 9.5

Thanks D for keeping me on track.. lol:wink2:

dc_sniper9130

Tailgunner
Re: For all new members, a help page

You will need a hard toe shoe not necessarily a steel toe but not a tennis shoe because if one of those packages falls on your foot it will hurt.

Yeah, there have been enough times I was glad I had my steeltoes on that it was worth the extra cost.

wook503

Hi, I have a couple questions and I'm not sure where to post them. So I guess I'll just start here and hopefully be pointed in the right direction.

1. I have a class A CDL and am interested in driving for UPS and am curious about the overall treatment/compensation for drivers.

2. Would I start in the warehouse, a van, or straight into a tractor trailer?

I thank you in advance for any insight I might gain from you.

Wook503

MonavieLeaker

Bringin Teh_Lulz
Hi, I have a couple questions and I'm not sure where to post them. So I guess I'll just start here and hopefully be pointed in the right direction.

1. I have a class A CDL and am interested in driving for UPS and am curious about the overall treatment/compensation for drivers.

2. Would I start in the warehouse, a van, or straight into a tractor trailer?

I thank you in advance for any insight I might gain from you.

Wook503

1.It differs in each hub/center how management treats you.....Pay is pretty good starts at $14.70 I think.

2. You would start in the warehouse.....with the layoffs and such the layed off drivers have first chance to go back into driving then a newbie.

Welcome to BC

DownsizedUPS'er

missing my UPS family
ok, this is all helpful, mbut, I still have not found out how to start a new thread or topic. can someone please help in that area? i did not even see it listed in the faq's, (but that doesn't mean it's not there) thanks in advance for the help.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
FAQ - How Do I start a new thread?

Go to the board, go into a forum and on the upper left corner itll say start new thread

With a little more detail:

Welcome to Browncafe.
To start a thread this is what you do:
Click on the “Brown Café Forum” in the left navigation menu.
Then click on one of the forums – typically “UPS Discussions”
That then brings up a listing of Threads
Look up just over the words “Threads in Forum” and you will see a button titled “New Thread”.
Click on that button and on the next page enter a Title and then type your verbiage.
When through click on the button titles “Submit New Thread”

Congratulations…you just started a new thread.

azul

low on the pole
Hilo! Yes, I know I said HILO and yes, that's how I speak. I'm a newbie, be gentle.
I was hired as a drivers helper last Tuesday, but I have yet to get any hours....FRUSTRATED! I call every day, but no hours available. Anyway, I'm here trying to learn any info I can. I know this isn't a perm. position, but I'm one of those folks that likes to be super prepared to do their job. I also hope to be a future package handler.
I don't have my employee id to log into upsers.com. From my understanding, even though I'm seasonal, I should still be able to access the site.
I'm just saying HI and looking for info.
My q: Is there any way that I can obtain my id? The folks at my hub don't seem to be that helpful, thus far. Anyone that can help can pm me. I know internal info is not to be posted publicly. TIA!

Thanks for this site, too....it is very helpful and informative!

azul

low on the pole
UPDATE: Obtained my id. Thanks because I got the Gen HR number here, which led me to my local HR, which got me my employee id!

*not that anyone cares*

:)

alanmcdaniel

Alan McDaniel
Dear Moderator,

I am a new member to the brown cafe and I am looking forward to meeting and talking with the folks already here and yet to join as well.

As a 27 year UPSer and an early (age of 45) retiree, I am sure that I know a lot of people here.

Right now, I have a rather urgent request. I am applying for job that I want desperately with the state of Georgia. Since I retired in 2004 and started my own company, it has been a very long time since I have needed past (UPS) employment verification.

I know that even before I left UPS had outsourced the task of providing that information from the districts to some other source with an 800 number. I think, if my old notes are correct, it was 1-800-877-1508.

I called that number a short time ago and got a source of such information but it did not seem to be a good source for prospective employers of former UPSers. Meaning, it sounded to me to be a place for UPSers to call in for information for their own use.

I need to be able to provide a phone number for the state of Georgia to call and find out as much as they can about my past employment with UPS. I suspect that, as in the past, all they can find is if I actually worked there and for how long but, at least that is something.

Where can I find a number such as this?

Thanks,
Alan

alanmcdaniel

Alan McDaniel
Well, I worked in the Southeast Region office as on a special assignment when I left but, was told I was still assigned to the Georgia district but I never actually new who in Georgia that I was assinged to. Since the folks in the region offices move around so much, I doubt if there is anyone there that I know now.

I saw a conversation on the Brown Cafe about employment verification and it gave the same number that I have in my notes but, when I got to the part where I could request the number for my HR department, I actually got a phone number for the Executive Director of a local Hospice center. It was late last night when I was looking for this info in hopes of sending my resume out early today. Now that it is normal business hours, I will call the last place I worked in the Georgia district and get the number to HR and then call them and see if the can tell me what to put on my resume.

Alan