New members - Commonly asked questions.

Nimnim

The Nim
When I first started I was in the unload, and I thought I was in good shape. Of course it turns out I wasn't in "good" shape for UPS, so after a couple days even though I was trying to lift everything properly I had some soreness in my back, mostly lower. Over the next couple weeks though without changing things the soreness vanished and things were good. UPS is a special physical level and you use muscles you don't normally use so they need a little conditioning. Stretching helps, but the activity we put up with does hit places we thought we were good in. Just keep following the proper methods and don't push too hard, if it hurts ask for help. As much as management might complain they would rather you get help than hurt.

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
Re: new here

Not a new member, but why and how are threads closed? (Ex: The Brownout Continues.)
BrownCafe operates on an honor system. Our intention is to maintain a fair and reasonable forum and facilitate legitimate, reasoned debate about the issues raised.

Our staff does not review all of the content posted here. We rely on the members to report inappropriate content so that it can be reviewed by the moderators and appropriate action taken when necessary. Content will not be deleted or altered for the purpose of distorting the pattern of opinion in any given discussion. The sole purpose of content editing or deletion is to remove inappropriate content and enforce these Terms of Service and House Rules.

Public discussions of staff decisions are not permitted on the public forum. If you have any concerns or questions about a staff decision, please take it up in private with a member of the site administration team.

UPS Preloader

Re: new here

BrownCafe operates on an honor system. Our intention is to maintain a fair and reasonable forum and facilitate legitimate, reasoned debate about the issues raised.

Our staff does not review all of the content posted here. We rely on the members to report inappropriate content so that it can be reviewed by the moderators and appropriate action taken when necessary. Content will not be deleted or altered for the purpose of distorting the pattern of opinion in any given discussion. The sole purpose of content editing or deletion is to remove inappropriate content and enforce these Terms of Service and House Rules.

Public discussions of staff decisions are not permitted on the public forum. If you have any concerns or questions about a staff decision, please take it up in private with a member of the site administration team.

Thanks Cheryl. Just so that we all know, who are the members of the current site administration team?

upschuck

I've noticed that my messages get delayed being posted(going to a moderator), while other posters get posted immediately. I am assuming it is because I am new to the board. How long do I have to wait or is it the number of posts made before they are posted quicker.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I've noticed that my messages get delayed being posted(going to a moderator), while other posters get posted immediately. I am assuming it is because I am new to the board. How long do I have to wait or is it the number of posts made before they are posted quicker.
With pupils dilated THAT much....it could be a long time !!!

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member
Welcome to the BrownCafe upschuck. Your avatar is so ugly it's cute!

philippine-tarsiers.jpg

Philippine Tarsiers
Philippine Tarsiers can fit in the palm of your hand and live in the Phillippines. Their bulging eyes are bigger than the size of their brains. Their hands and legs resemble human limbs and they can leap as high as 10 feet.

Read more: Blobfish - Blobfish named 'Ugliest Animal': Top 20 ugliest animals in the world - NY Daily News

upschuck

JL 0513

Is there a UPS acronym list that has been posted somewhere? There are many dozens of acronyms that are used all the time and is assumed that everyone knows them all. Makes understanding responses difficult. I know many of them, but many others I don't.

Perhaps we should have an acronym thread or is there an existing list?

JCrown

I've been browsing around quite a bit, and have only found copies of the contract ending july 2013,

is there a copy of the new contract available?

Also, Hello everyone!

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member

preloadnewb

I've been hearing how working at UPS is so physically demanding, hard work, back breaking and so on. I had a tour of the box line today, which has sets of cages not just a conveyor, and didn't look like people were really working all that hard. Is it just deceiving to watch, but much harder to do?