NEW POLL!! How DID you vote?

How DID you vote?

• Total voters

over9five

Staff member
So, how did you actually vote? My ballot is still sitting right here, as I cannot decide.

It's a great place to work, but there ARE so many givebacks in the new contract.

Do I vote to stop what may be a nasty downward spiral?

Do I vote on how good we have it now?

705red

Browncafe Steward
So, how did you actually vote? My ballot is still sitting right here, as I cannot decide.

It's a great place to work, but there ARE so many givebacks in the new contract.

Do I vote to stop what may be a nasty downward spiral?

Do I vote on how good we have it now?
9.5 i do not get to vote on this contract at this time, however our contract mirrors the national in many ways. Maybe ups and the teamsters could save some money and stop mailing 13,000 705 upsers these mailings. If this contract passes through the national then we will have a fight on our hands here in chicago. We are already wearing vote no shirts to show the company and the union that we are not happy. Sorry for running on and good luck to all of you that vote, but please no matter how you will vote, take the 2 or 3 minutes and vote, it is your god given right!

rockhound

No vote here in nor-cal where we have a very good supplement.
This master is horrible, particularly for the unborn!
Glad to hear that many, many in local 150, nor-cal are voting No.

Pollocknbrown

Samething in 449, the supplemental is pretty decent gave that a passing vote, but thumbs down on the master, same from most of the ppl i talked to on my shift and some of the driver's i bump into. Actually the only person i talked to who supported it said he only supports it because he has a little less than two years left, lets hope this is the trend for the rest of the country.

tieguy

Banned
Samething in 449, the supplemental is pretty decent gave that a passing vote, but thumbs down on the master, same from most of the ppl i talked to on my shift and some of the driver's i bump into. Actually the only person i talked to who supported it said he only supports it because he has a little less than two years left, lets hope this is the trend for the rest of the country.

You're not going to get honest answers from the people that voted for it. they don't feel like having an argument with you or listening to you to try to sway them against voting for the contract.

tieguy

Banned
must be an accurate poll if tieguy can vote. :biggrin::)

LOL they always are. The guys that hate the offer generally tend to be more vocal then the ones that will quietly open their ballot with the wife looking over the shoulder and vote for the offer. So while it always looks like the no vote is unamious on these message boards the real vote will be much closer then they imagine or a clear yes vote.

govols019

You smell that?
If I were a betting man I would put my money on it passing without any trouble.

Had a guy at work, who hasn't even glanced at the proposal, say he was voting Yes because a retired UPS'er told him it was a good contract. That's the kind of people that will pass this contract and bitch later.

govols019

You smell that?
You're not going to get honest answers from the people that voted for it. they don't feel like having an argument with you or listening to you to try to sway them against voting for the contract.

If a person has an opinion they aren't willing to defend then it isn't an opinion worth having.

Mystakilla

Who the *$#@ cares.
"Read the avatar."

Are my eyes that bad? Can anyone see that?

You must need a new monitor or your resolution setting are so high you cant read anything. Really the only thing you have to look at is the no marked boxes that are checked under "NO" then you will have an idea on how to vote yourself. :biggrin:

tieguy

Banned
If a person has an opinion they aren't willing to defend then it isn't an opinion worth having.

That sounds great. But reality is that while most of like to B and G about things at work overall we are constructively satisfied. So when you ask a guy at work if he voted for or against he's not going to tell you the truth because he does not want to stand there and listen to you feed him the evil empire is stealing the pension speech for a half hour.

I've been here for about 7 or 8 contracts now and they all basically run the same. A few ( percentage wise few) people start raising cain on how the company is trying to pull a fast one. the contract passes and guess what everyone moves on with very little change from the previous contract.

the hype is always overdone.

local804

I've been here for about 7 or 8 contracts now and they all basically run the same. A few ( percentage wise few) people start raising cain on how the company is trying to pull a fast one. the contract passes and guess what everyone moves on with very little change from the previous contract.

the hype is always overdone.

Just a side note, managements point of view

Mystakilla

Who the *$#@ cares.
Yea its definetly a bigger issue this time around than any other, just for the main fact of the major buyout of the CS pension. Trust me UPS never looks to 'lose' any money, the 6 billion they forked out, they are definetly looking to get it back ONE way or ANOTHER!

tieguy

Banned
Yea its definetly a bigger issue this time around than any other, just for the main fact of the major buyout of the CS pension. Trust me UPS never looks to 'lose' any money, the 6 billion they forked out, they are definetly looking to get it back ONE way or ANOTHER!

The buyout is a calculated gamble. If the CS plan failed then ups would be liable for much more then the 6.1 billion. The buyout protects us against that possibility. It also protects our people against that possibility.
Your insurance by the pbgc when a multi-employer plan fails is about 1100 a month. Your insurance coverage for a single employer plan that fails is up to approximately 4000 grand a month. Don't ever fool yourself into thinking that the CS plan could fail and only hurt UPS.

over9five

Staff member
"...he's not going to tell you the truth because he does not want to stand there and listen to you feed him the evil empire is stealing the pension speech for a half hour."

Gawd, ain't that the truth.