New Surepost Procedures implemented on Monday, 09-14-15?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

We had the PCM on this change this morning. Turns out 10 Point was less than accurate in his understanding of the policy change. These packages cannot be diverted/redirected by a driver while still in the building. We have to wait until we are on road. If they are addressed specifically to the Post Office we must deliver them regardless of weight or size. If they are addressed to the consignee we have the option of futuring the package so that it can be dispatched properly the following day. Sounds like a lot of extra work for something that will make little to no difference.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
We had the PCM on this change this morning. Turns out 10 Point was less than accurate in his understanding of the policy change. These packages cannot be diverted/redirected by a driver while still in the building. We have to wait until we are on road. If they are addressed specifically to the Post Office we must deliver them regardless of weight or size. If they are addressed to the consignee we have the option of futuring the package so that it can be dispatched properly the following day. Sounds like a lot of extra work for something that will make little to no difference.
That is....according to your Mickey Mouse, Mayberry RFD management team.
Obviously if they are specifically addressed to the PO, they would get delivered there as they aren't a Sure post package and where else would you take them?
Surepost packages always have 2 addresses.
I've seen the letter from the IBT.
Any chance your management team has adopted their own version of the agreement?

Last edited:

10 point

If I was inaccurate according to your rendition then the memo from K. Hall to all the locals was wrong?

Don't make me laugh. You are clueless as usual.
It isn't just about over size and weight pkgs Einstein. The bigger deal is about proximity stop issues that are going to be a bigger deal.

You're definately lost.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
If I was inaccurate according to your rendition then the memo from K. Hall to all the locals was wrong?

It isn't just about over size and weight pkgs Einstein. The bigger deal is about proximity stop issues that are going to be a bigger deal.

You're definately lost.
LOL
Believe UPS Management or hall?
Such a conundrum!
"definately"

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

You're definately lost.

Our on car read it directly from the press release. There was no mention of proximity.

It sounds like much ado about nothing.

10 point

That is....according to your Mickey Mouse, Mayberry RFD management team.
Obviously if they are specifically addressed to the PO, they would get delivered there as they aren't a Sure post package and where else would you take them?
Surepost packages always have 2 addresses.
I've seen the letter from the IBT.
Any chance your management team has adopted their own version of the agreement?
Mr @UpstateNYUPSer know it all doesn't have the spine to at least tag my name when he tries to support falsification of his info or validate half truths.
I'd believe any memo from hall office over any "press release" at the pcm from the other side.

Of course, he's the self proclaimed expert.

Inthegame

From the Sept 11th memo "...UPS will set out new procedures that will allow Teamster members to remove a package from the belt and have it redirected back onto the package car for final mile delivery if it does not fit the SurePost criteria. This means that if a pre-loader or driver sees a package that is clearly more than 10 pounds and/or larger than three cubic feet, they can remove the package from the belt, take it to a clerk and it will be put on a UPS package car for final mile delivery instead of going to the Post Office."

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

From the Sept 11th memo "...UPS will set out new procedures that will allow Teamster members to remove a package from the belt and have it redirected back onto the package car for final mile delivery if it does not fit the SurePost criteria. This means that if a pre-loader or driver sees a package that is clearly more than 10 pounds and/or larger than three cubic feet, they can remove the package from the belt, take it to a clerk and it will be put on a UPS package car for final mile delivery instead of going to the Post Office."

That may have been in the memo but it was not in the prepared statement that our on car read to us word for word.

10 point

ITG, you can attach it to his nose and he won't see it.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

99.44% of the preloaders can't wait to get out of there-----do you really think they are going to care enough to request that a Surepost be redirected back to us for final delivery?

I understand the contract and have read the memo.

I also work in the real world and know that the vast majority of hourlies don't care enough about this issue to do anything about it.

10 point

99.44% of the preloaders can't wait to get out of there-----do you really think they are going to care enough to request that a Surepost be redirected back to us for final delivery?

I understand the contract and have read the memo.

I also work in the real world and know that the vast majority of hourlies don't care enough about this issue to do anything about it.
You read the memo and yet say that I'm "less than accurate"?

Looks like you're less than intelligent.

These aren't 10 point's words and if you allegedly read hall memo then you would show yourself to be a liar as well.

There are members that police the contract and care about our volume.

You are in the special margin.
Freeloaders.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
That's just one of my problems.

I have many.
ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1443137343.923217.jpg