New tdu article on halt to ratification

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
So stupid. Like you.
tenor (38).gif

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
It clearly says strike authorization is not required to strike after a final offer vote.

OK?

Yes, Hoffa was able to call a strike before he imposed the contract.

Why do you think UPS was so willing to make an announcement right after the vote count?

They did not want Hoffa calling a strike. They told him they were willing to renegotiate. Doesn't mean the negotiating committee didn't think the last offer was not a final offer when they offered it to us to vote on.

By the way, the same went for freight. Hoffa can call a strike, but UPS is willing to sit back down, so why call a strike?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
OK?

Yes, Hoffa was able to call a strike before he imposed the contract.

Why do you think UPS was so willing to make an announcement right after the vote count?

They did not want Hoffa calling a strike. They told him they were willing to renegotiate. Doesn't mean the negotiating committee didn't think the last offer was not a final offer when they offered it to us to vote on.

By the way, the same went for freight. Hoffa can call a strike, but UPS is willing to sit back down, so why call a strike?
But he needed strike authorization to call a strike after this vote. That vote being taken before the contract vote doesn't make it a final offer. Without the strike authorization he wouldn't have the ability to call a strike.

On a final offer vote he has the authority to call a strike without a strike authorization vote.

Are you getting the distinction? It's all right there in the constitution.

oldupsman

There's a lot of pressure coming from other places. This was a real chance for the labor movement,which
really needs a shot in the arm right now, to make some noise and the IBT rolled over and played dead.
This is strictly my opinion. I have no knowledge of such a thing happening.
People like the AFL-CIO, SEIU, UAW, were looking for some kind stand. I wouldn't
be the least bit surprised that these VP's who are fighting this got phone calls from all these orginazations.

This affects every member of every union everywhere. Every company out there now thinks they're going to be
able to pull something like this off, constitution be damned. It just sets a horrible precedent.

cachmeifucan

The mechanics union was on strike for weeks they ended up winning a better contract and the dealership owners the multi millionaires they are had to pay a fair wage.il never buy a car from a non union place.