New telematics reports

Rainman

Its all good.
That is all part of the plan.

Centralized dispatching and micromanagement greatly reduces the need for center level management.
We were told 10-15 years ago that the center of the future was to have virtually no immediate management, that it would essentially run itself. We'll see how that works out.

jaker

trolling
Residential, I always try to stop complete away from the truck to get the best allowance to keep the man at bay.
This is funny because this is what I do , but my sup has been mad at for being over and I told him show me how I am over

So he told me I am taking to long from stop complete to starting the truck (average 30sec) , I responded I stop complete when I am walking back to the truck and he still ask why so long

I told him you have to walk from the door down a driveway and across the street because orion loves having to do left side deliveries , so you tell me how I am supposed to be faster . He walks away and tells me to leave

wayfair

swollen member
I don't have any cause I use my pockets but Monday I will try and get a pick of one.

right on! thanks

the holster does hang up on a bunch of crap, seatbelt (I carry it on the right side)
it also hangs up/ gets caught on passenger side front fender, when I'm loading up the dolly from the front door.

snl blue

There's an add on to the diad V that you can clip it with the old diad IV clip.

I hate the elastic band. Usually cut it off the bored first thing in the morning.
There's an add on to the diad V that you can clip it with the old diad IV clip.

I hate the elastic band. Usually cut it off the bored first thing in the morning.
You are correct brownslave688 I cut the elastic band off too. You have to take the add on off of the diad at the end of the day before putting it back in the rack

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
I only have 10 to 15 signatures a day. Most of the time I scan the boxes. Throw the Diad on the dash. Walk off the stop. Stop complete as I'm sitting to go. Hate carting the stupid thing trying not to drop it. Time allowance is the same no matter. I may try to carry it when we get Orion some time this yr. Probably only for the ride along. Then dash board for the rest of the time.

Packmule

I never had to work under telematics. Somewhere in Atlanta, there must be a room full of suits, just sitting around with scratch pads saying "Hey, let's make them start doing THIS!" At some point, there is going to be so many rules and regulations that it will be physically impossible to do the job.
I'm Thinking this is the way they plan to keep the pension plans solvent.

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
I only have 10 to 15 signatures a day. Most of the time I scan the boxes. Throw the Diad on the dash. Walk off the stop. Stop complete as I'm sitting to go. Hate carting the stupid thing trying not to drop it. Time allowance is the same no matter. I may try to carry it when we get Orion some time this yr. Probably only for the ride along. Then dash board for the rest of the time.

So you think. Time allowances for stops are the same until you are the unsuspecting victim of a virtual time study that they are happy with.

I recall quite vividly that we had our first virtual time study in our center in late summer 2008. I happened upon a report which showed zero time allowance whatsoever for a particular section of residential streets in an area that I covered as a split driver because the regular route driver did not pay attention to the IE guys explicit instructions at the PCM of scanning the package at the front door of the home. He apparently scanned and stop completed in the cab.

To say his stop count ballooned would be an understatement - so much so that now even 7 years later, a bid route that was eliminated in this particular town still hasn't been replaced.

If I were you, I would rethink my way of doing things.

Overpaid Union Thug

So you think. Time allowances for stops are the same until you are the unsuspecting victim of a virtual time study that they are happy with.

I recall quite vividly that we had our first virtual time study in our center in late summer 2008. I happened upon a report which showed zero time allowance whatsoever for a particular section of residential streets in an area that I covered as a split driver because the regular route driver did not pay attention to the IE guys explicit instructions at the PCM of scanning the package at the front door of the home. He apparently scanned and stop completed in the cab.

To say his stop count ballooned would be an understatement - so much so that now even 7 years later, a bid route that was eliminated in this particular town still hasn't been replaced.

Drivers that habitually stop complete in the truck are shooting themselves, and those who will come after them, in the foot.

FTBrown

Time allowance is the same for the delivery. You lose allowence every time you sit and stop complete instead of starting the truck and going.

FTBrown

I myself follow their methods. If a sup is on the truck and tells you to do it a certain way,then you do it that way. All these methods have been around for years. If you are just hearing about them, then you haven't had good sups. These are the 340 methods. 18 seconds to get one package, 9 more for each additional package. Make the delivery,DR at delivery point. 9 seconds to get moving from time your foot hits the first step. All you senior guys that don't know these aren't protecting yourself from anything. It's more than just safety methods. My sups will bang you for not following delivery or safety methods if you were directed to. Protect yourself people. Observations can get you disciplined if they see something on telematics.

FTBrown

My sup at the time of the virtual time study told everybody at the PCM to DR at the back door for every stop to gain allowance time.Most DR's are usually to the front door. Guys that didn't follow this instruction were raped on time. Routes where guys did it are scratch to this day.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
If we worry about keeping the man at bay, the man has already won. I just do the work and accept the fact that the mans job security depends upon finding something about my performance to bitch about.

The're watching everything now, so why give them more ammo? I'm walking anyway to the door or garage, so why not just scan there and get a little more credit? Everything I do is to cover my butt first, service second.

FTBrown

The're watching everything now, so why give them more ammo? I'm walking anyway to the door or garage, so why not just scan there and get a little more credit? Everything I do is to cover my butt first, service second.
You get the same credit as long as you DR at the delivery point. Board stays w you at all times here, or you get a LTR

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
My sup at the time of the virtual time study told everybody at the PCM to DR at the back door for every stop to gain allowance time.Most DR's are usually to the front door. Guys that didn't follow this instruction were raped on time. Routes where guys did it are scratch to this day.
We had a large meeting the day before our virtual. We were all told to scan the packages in the truck and stop complete at the door. This way we would get credit for the distance walked.

We lost 24 hours of time as a center.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
I use the clip to carry my diad, tried the holster to bulky and hot, plus got in the way of the seat belt.
Easiest thing to do is put diad in back pocket in my opinion. That is if your not stuck in the 70s n 80s with tightasczz shorts jacked up to your breastisis lmfao, like some of these old heads be rockin lmfao.