New Training Designed To Oppress

Sheep DAWG

Dudebro, I'm sure Automation will definitely factor into UPS sorts. It will cut a few jobs and speed up unloading trailers. But it can't load package cars. It can't deliver packages. I wouldn't put too much faith in those very experienced on road sups you mentioned. I know orion has been in our building over 2 years and we still have drivers beating the miles by 40 every day. See a computer can't know that a drivers package car is slammed packed with bulky boxes that need to be gotten out of the way in the morning instead of afternoon. ...it requires common sense....something that the corporate guys seem to have a shortage of. Orion is and always be one of many tools bit it's not always the best one. I can use a chainsaw to change my oil, but common sense tells me not too

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
That's hilarious. I'm not frustrated at all. I see you for the fake piece of garbage you are. And now you hide behind your mod language to deflect.

Commenting on someone's constant lies and proving they're lying isn't stalking genius. She puts the story out there and many of us have proved her wrong by fact even including Dave.

And yet you single me out because I see through your BS game unlike others here. I'm not one of the average guys on here you think you can pull your crap over.

Sorry champ.

So your above average or below?

Browntown2014

Maybe not with Orion 6.9, but it will get there. Automation is where the future is headed. There are large teams of people with years and years of on road experience watching the system and making corrections. It's already better on a majority of routes.

The people here like to post their outliers where they can do better. The system will learn, be refined, and get better too.

You're going to hang your hat on some crackpot told you FDX would be out of business 30 years ago and he or she was wrong, as the basis for your arguments? You're reaching.

If you don't think any of this will happen - go look at any hub smalls sort with our next generation sort logic (NGSS). There are no load charts. Flows can change daily, and NO ONE handling the packages knows what they are, or needs to. The sorter scans a package, and the bin where it should go lights up.
Best part of this less people to manage means less managers. Lol

Sheep DAWG

That's what the managent don't seem to understand. ..lol. they all think we (the hourly) are gonna be replaced with technology. Do they really not understand if that were true, that they would be unemployed as well? Bless their hearts as Monkey butt would say.

dudebro

That's what the managent don't seem to understand. ..lol. they all think we (the hourly) are gonna be replaced with technology. Do they really not understand if that were true, that they would be unemployed as well? Bless their hearts as Monkey butt would say.

What makes you think we don't understand? That's already happened. We've gone from 72 ground districts in the US to 17 in 20 years. Do you remember the reorganization in 2010? We didn't "reorganize" drivers or loaders. Purely management.

It's necessary to remain competitive.

dudebro

Dudebro, I'm sure Automation will definitely factor into UPS sorts. It will cut a few jobs and speed up unloading trailers. But it can't load package cars. It can't deliver packages. I wouldn't put too much faith in those very experienced on road sups you mentioned. I know orion has been in our building over 2 years and we still have drivers beating the miles by 40 every day. See a computer can't know that a drivers package car is slammed packed with bulky boxes that need to be gotten out of the way in the morning instead of afternoon. ...it requires common sense....something that the corporate guys seem to have a shortage of. Orion is and always be one of many tools bit it's not always the best one. I can use a chainsaw to change my oil, but common sense tells me not too

Point by point:
1) If someone beats ORION by 40 miles, then someone else is failing to put the correct information in the system. It's a learning curve for management too. That doesn't mean ORION doesn't work. It might mean the PDS needs training.

2) The computer CAN know that, the size of more than 9 of every 10 packages is measured somewhere in the system.

3) People who have common sense don't just lose it. We believe in testing. Of course a test uncovers problems. Then you fix those, and keep going.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
They did. So did the company, which had to be able to afford the items the Teamsters negotiated for. That income had to be on the table in the first place, to be taken. We still talk a lot about REA.
You mean the picture of the two rusted rea trucks in the field that every Mgr had on their desk.....think monkey still has the wallet size pic in his man purse...

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Point by point:
1) If someone beats ORION by 40 miles, then someone else is failing to put the correct information in the system. It's a learning curve for management too. That doesn't mean ORION doesn't work. It might mean the PDS needs training.

2) The computer CAN know that, the size of more than 9 of every 10 packages is measured somewhere in the system.

3) People who have common sense don't just lose it. We believe in testing. Of course a test uncovers problems. Then you fix those, and keep going.
How about someone who is 2 hours over and a sup goes out and finds that number ridiculous ..so there is a problem that needs fixed ..so what do you think happens in this situation ..nothing gets fixed, except the driver gets blamed and run through the ringer...hmmmm

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
Point by point:

Until the driver knows precisely which route or path Orion wants you to follow, all the training in the word won't help.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Twenty or twenty five years ago when I was still new, but not stupid either. an OCS was telling several of us drivers: "when UPS gets everything running the way they think they will be able to, you won't even notice that it is peak". We all looked at him like he had a third eye in the middle of his forehead. I guess he was half right- now we hardly notice when it isn't peak. Now it lasts from August 15th to Valentines day, and starts again for Mothers day, and are always told "we had no idea this was coming."
Now you know.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
You mean the picture of the two rusted rea trucks in the field that every Mgr had on their desk.....think monkey still has the wallet size pic in his man purse...

REA Truck w driver.jpg