New Training Designed To Oppress

Foamer Pyle

Again with the billions. It's not billions for one person. Last quarter, if we took net income and divided it up among all the employees, it's 2900 bucks per person. Would everyone here have a better life if we put the company out of business and handed them a $3000 severance check?
We don't divide it up between the employees. No matter how you slice it, a billion dollars is a ton of money. I don't think anyone wants the company to go belly up. Obama could try and play down the debt by saying if every man woman and child paid only $64 grand, we wouldn't have a debt.
UPS is blatantly putting profit before people. How many people need to get hurt, before a red light goes on? My guess is, they have already thought of that, and you don't want to know the number.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Keep drinking that brown Kool -aid. It won't hurt you. Hey Listen, the federal government has given billions of dollars in grant money to colleges to do studies on the best way to do any job.....guess what? They all came up with the same answer....ask the person doing it how it can better be done...just throw that free advice and money out the window. ...you guys know how to do anything....you're management. ..those stupid colleges. ..lol
Where do you think our methods come from?
They come from observing "good" drivers do the job.
Same for the inside package handling jobs.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
He thinks UPS can cut salaries and hire anyone off the street to deliver packages with Orion 6.9....lol He believes Everything they tell them. I wonder if the 1st glass of kool- aid taste the same as the last....or was really kool-aid? Yea they told us 30 years ago fedx couldn't remain in Buisness. ...and let's don't forget "delivering our Future " that lasted every bit of 2 weeks.. I believe the feeder drivers start rumors at corporate to see how many ideas they will pass down.
Screw those feeder drivers.....bunch of scrubs!!

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Where do you think our methods come from?
They come from observing "good" drivers do the job.
Same for the inside package handling jobs.
Thought they came from watching you spin around on your throne in your cubicle and pinching the asses of new employees??? Wasn't that acceptable behavior back in the 70's....

upsgrunt

Twenty or twenty five years ago when I was still new, but not stupid either. an OCS was telling several of us drivers: "when UPS gets everything running the way they think they will be able to, you won't even notice that it is peak". We all looked at him like he had a third eye in the middle of his forehead. I guess he was half right- now we hardly notice when it isn't peak. Now it lasts from August 15th to Valentines day, and starts again for Mothers day, and are always told "we had no idea this was coming."

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Please be aware that "Public discussions of staff decisions are not permitted on the public forum ..." per rule 3 of the Terms of Service (TOS).

3) Public discussions of staff decisions are not permitted on the public forum. If you have any concerns or questions about a staff decision, please take it up in private with a member of the site administration team.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
Please be aware that "Public discussions of staff decisions are not permitted on the public forum ..." per rule 3 of the Terms of Service (TOS).

3) Public discussions of staff decisions are not permitted on the public forum. If you have any concerns or questions about a staff decision, please take it up in private with a member of the site administration team.

So basically you get to do whatever you want even if it violates everything because you consider yourself untouchable??

And now you're quoting rules???

You break them all the time and then make others like Dave the villain.

dudebro

Sheep Dawg: with all due respect , this has been going on for YEARS, but your are right in a way. They have been stepping it up in recent years. I laughed at them on my last day at work when I retired last June.

I told them that between my pension, 401k, IRA, and future SS bennies I will be getting over 7500 a month.

The best revenge is LIVING WELL! ( and letting them know about it )

I'm happy for you and every other UPSer that gets to retire this way. Each of us earns it, and overall, I think the company is one of the best at helping workers get it.