New Video! Contract Ratified! Now Prepare for the Storm!

Thebrownblob

Apparently some Locals do allow air drivers to perform bargaining unit work when no one else is available. Never say never.
We can have this argument every day. It is bargaining unit work the bargaining unit is full-time. Part time air drivers are only to be used on occasion in an emergency. It cannot be an emergency daily. That is bad management and poor planning, and should not be permitted by the union.

Thebrownblob

Not the Unions job to discipline members. The Union is there to get members out of trouble.
Sorry you’ve been here 40 years and never been to a panel hearing? The union most definitely does discipline and does expect their members to follow attendance policies. They will be given chances, but eventually the chances run out.

PT Car Washer

We can have this argument every day. It is bargaining unit work the bargaining unit is full-time. Part time air drivers are only to be used on occasion in an emergency. It cannot be an emergency daily. That is bad management and poor planning, and should not be permitted by the union.
The Union can not tell management how to run the company.

PT Car Washer

Sorry you’ve been here 40 years and never been to a panel hearing? The union most definitely does discipline and does expect their members to follow attendance policies. They will be given chances, but eventually the chances run out.
Never heard of the Union giving a member a warning letter.

Thebrownblob

Never heard of the Union giving a member a warning letter.
Is that what I said? How dense are you? The point of discipline is to correct behavior.. if the company does their job properly the members follow procedures and never have to go to a Panel. If the company doesn’t follow procedures, then we have the wild West like where you are where the contractor is violated continually.

PT Car Washer

Is that what I said? How dense are you? The point of discipline is the correct behavior.. if the company does their job properly the members follow procedures and never have to go to a Panel. If the company doesn’t follow procedures, then we have the wild West like where you are where the contractors violated continually.
I don't know why you choose to attack me for what has been going on for decades and numerous grievances in all parts of the country. If your building chooses a different path so be it.

Thebrownblob

I don't know why you choose to attack me for what has been going on for decades and numerous grievances in all parts of the country. If your building chooses a different path so be it.
I’m not attacking you I’m just telling you how it is, if you feel attacked or guilty that’s on you. There is no part of the country where air drivers can deliver ground continually if it’s being done, it’s being done under the table.

Thebrownblob

Seriously, it is a hazmat problem. If the trash collector knew how much urine is in those dumpsters they probably wouldn’t pick them up anymore.
Somebody threw one of those piss bottles in the middle of the floor and a driver drove over it, and it blew up and sprayed all over an employee. I’m not even kidding. Disgusting.

Last edited:

textat3

Lunch starts when you are safely parked at destination. We can’t drive the truck off the clock. You are allowed a reasonable distance from route for meal.