New Video! Contract Ratified! Now Prepare for the Storm!

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Somebody through one of those piss bottles in the middle of the floor and a driver drove over it, and it blew up and sprayed all over an employee. I’m not even kidding. Disgusting.
About as bad as the rest stops off the interstates…the second you get out of the tractor it smells like piss..and these truckers aren’t dumping a little water bottle either..2 liters. I try not to even go into them anymore…nasty sht

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
About as bad as the rest stops off the interstates…the second you get out of the tractor it smells like piss..and these truckers aren’t dumping a little water bottle either..2 liters. I try not to even go into them anymore…nasty sht
bruh-what-the-hell.gif

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
I agree but the company, tries it over and over again.
I had a BA tell me a few years ago that the company knew they would probably lose at panel over lunch terminations but pushed as much as they could hoping they would eventually win one and establish precedent

RoswellHub

I had a BA tell me a few years ago that the company knew they would probably lose at panel over lunch terminations but pushed as much as they could hoping they would eventually win one and establish precedent

If I can get the energy together I will try to make a short video for you guys going over my findings on this. I would like an open discussion on both sides of the fence.

HubSnakeWrangler

Enjoy your vids, thank you. I'm a 22.3 so I'm biased, but it feels like we've been the red headed step child the last few contracts. Not gonna lie, I have no idea what can be given to us language wise but not much, if any, has changed since '97. Maybe ot protection? Idk, just mention us!! /S Lol 😆

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Lunch starts when you are safely parked at destination. We can’t drive the truck off the clock. You are allowed a reasonable distance from route for meal.
I think he was mentioning two suites at the same address and somebody that breaks trace there was getting under fire not because they broke trace for lunch but because there was the appearance that they did not complete all reasonable work they could do at that park position before breaking for lunch.

This of course is complete BS on at least 3 routes I cover, due to large volume, preferred delivery/pickup windows, located on separate streets and exits. Where breaking from suite A and going back to suite B after lunch does nothing more than save time.

What they were trying to get at is "everybody in management is a maroon so try to make your electronic rap sheet look good"

Last edited:

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Enjoy your vids, thank you. I'm a 22.3 so I'm biased, but it feels like we've been the red headed step child the last few contracts. Not gonna lie, I have no idea what can be given to us language wise but not much, if any, has changed since '97. Maybe ot protection? Idk, just mention us!! /S Lol 😆
The new Unload/Unload and Sort/Sort gigs have got to go I'd rather you get at least one cushy leg of the job like clerk or car wash.

HubSnakeWrangler

The new Unload/Unload and Sort/Sort gigs have got to go I'd rather you get at least one cushy leg of the job like clerk or car wash.
I can only speak for my building. It used to be a combined air/ground building so the combos started as 1 easy/air(ramp, tug, marshaller) then 1 hard/ground shift, or vice versa. Since the operations split into separate buildings all NEW combos(can't speak for the air ops building nowadays) have been the load/load or unload/unload mix w/WAD boldly printed on each bid sheet. Even the recycle combos that were area specific when originally bid turn into the unload/load WAD kind of jobs. There are some rare package car parker/car wash combos but they're typically 30+yrs seniority. Idk what kind of language can help that. A ft job is a ft job according to contract right?

RoswellHub

Thank you! Rosie from Tug and Mule is a 22.3 I had her on my channel before and she talked about it some. I am very unfamiliar with 22.3 to be honest.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
I don't know why you choose to attack me for what has been going on for decades and numerous grievances in all parts of the country.

And how would you be privy to what goes on in all parts of the country ?

If your building chooses a different path so be it.

The correct path.... is following the contract.

Not some sort of "bastardized" version your Local follows.

Their opinion has had an effect on people working under Article 40, and so have you.

UPS loves it when the Teamsters chase their own tail.
Just wish some people would stay in their own lane. Causing trouble when there was no trouble before. If your Local does not want to use air drivers for ground work when there are no other options, that is your business. If my Local would rather have dues paying Union members performing bargaining unit work instead of management, that is our business.

Just wish some people would stay in their own lane. Causing trouble when there was no trouble before. If your Local does not want to use air drivers for ground work when there are no other options, that is your business. If my Local would rather have dues paying Union members performing bargaining unit work instead of management, that is our business.
It's the business of everyone. If air drivers are delivering ground as much as you claim, more full-time jobs are needed. You just enjoy taking advantage of situations that benefit you personally. Which is fine also if that's how you operate.

Commercial Inside Release

If my Local would rather have dues paying Union members performing bargaining unit work instead of management, that is our business
Naw... it wasn't management. There is\was always an echelon of runner-gunners and alcoholics that we're eager to toss managements' salad, then race home early to get their drink on.
(Ground drivers that shuttle air or deliver a substantial air route start early, and punch out earlier.)