New Video! Contract Update! Tick Tock

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
@RoswellHub I was talking to one of the Business Agents from our local yesterday and he told me that UPS isnt negotiating at ALL. He told me the Management reps didnt even show up at several of the meetings. I told him even though i'm retired I'll be walking the line with my brothers and sisters

Is O’Brien the chief negotiator with this UPS Contract or has he assigned someone else?

Hoffa never led.. he always assigned someone on his ticket..

Again the intention of the language was for ground to be delivered by RPCD’s. Let’s assume we didn’t have temps, we still would be filing on you! Because no matter the setup in the long run it saves them money by letting you deliver.
So you are okay with PT temp delivery drivers running full routes everyday but not an air driver delivering LIB's or helping out an over dispatched delivery driver occasionally? Yeah makes perfect sense.

Pullman Brown

So you are okay with PT temp delivery drivers running full routes everyday but not an air driver delivering LIB's or helping out an over dispatched delivery driver occasionally? Yeah makes perfect sense.

It doesn’t matter what I think, it’s about staffing the operations properly. Most PT temp drivers the last five years get full time driving jobs immediately at the beginning of the next year(turn keys) which helps centers out tremendously. That would never happen if air drivers were running ground.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
"Helping out an over dispatched driver",....who over dispatched them and who are you really helping?

Again, if you worked in my building as an air driver and delivered ground, I would get paid time and a half for those hours as well and it wouldn't happen anymore.

You're no hero.

It doesn’t matter what I think, it’s about staffing the operations properly. Most PT temp drivers the last five years get full time driving jobs immediately at the beginning of the next year(turn keys) which helps centers out tremendously. That would never happen if air drivers were running ground.
My building does not use PT temp delivery drivers. Only FT coverage drivers.

"Helping out an over dispatched driver",....who over dispatched them and who are you really helping?

Again, if you worked in my building as an air driver and delivered ground, I would get paid time and a half for those hours as well and it wouldn't happen anymore.

You're no hero.
In my building the company must exhaust all means before allowing management to perform bargaining unit work. No contract violation.

Pullman Brown

In my building the company must exhaust all means before allowing management to perform bargaining unit work. No contract violation.

So you’re saying that if you run ground every day that there is nothing in you’re contract, like a certain amount of time of you running ground, where someone can’t file on you working?

Yes, because cover drivers here get FT pension contributions, and 70%-75% of top driver rate when they run a route. They get top driver rate if they have to run a route unscheduled. And if they run a certain number of routes in a given period of time the company has to open a FT driver position in the building. They don't get off by letting a company guy like you carry them and :censored2: someone else out of a job.

Finally we agree, makes perfect sense.

Star B

White Lightening
for those who have anti-union idiots in their building or people that whine about "duessss"........ find a FedEx Ground job with the payscale and stick that in their mailbox to remind them what the Union has worked for.

I mean, me? I don't know if I'll have a job in a year or so with the merger and all that...... yes, yes, technically Express is absorbing ground (to protect our precious anti-union RLA) but hopefully the teamsters can break through the NMB this time around.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
My building does not use PT temp delivery drivers. Only FT coverage drivers.
Same here, just RPCDs and 22.4s.
I thought you were an air driver, not management???

Either way, I made more than $22k in air driver grievances on my best year and beat back all the same flimsy arguments management tried to use in my hearings early on.

If it's an anomaly I would never file, but always won by proving a preponderance of violations in the grievances I did file.

....and that my brother is what you provide by the stories you tell.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
So you’re saying that if you run ground every day that there is nothing in you’re contract, like a certain amount of time of you running ground, where someone can’t file on you working?
There is no local with their own air driver language.

Article 40 of the Master supercedes all forward supplements, riders and addendums.

RoswellHub

@RoswellHub I was talking to one of the Business Agents from our local yesterday and he told me that UPS isnt negotiating at ALL. He told me the Management reps didnt even show up at several of the meetings. I told him even though i'm retired I'll be walking the line with my brothers and sisters
Yeah its a total :censored2: show across the US. In Boston they showed up for 10 minutes and went 8 Hours into caucus just to leave after that. What they are doing is a slap in the face to all the Teamsters out there! I will throw you my number if you want it. I love the fact you are still involved and supporting us!

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Yeah its a total :censored2: show across the US. In Boston they showed up for 10 minutes and went 8 Hours into caucus just to leave after that. What they are doing is a slap in the face to all the Teamsters out there! I will throw you my number if you want it. I love the fact you are still involved and supporting us!
He’s gonna sit in his car and sip his beer in the Georgia summer heat. Lol

pkgdriver

Really going off topic here.
He’s gonna sit in his car and sip his beer in the Georgia summer heat. Lol
8C684673-AA58-444B-93BC-1B4078767E94.jpeg