next gen package car

wilberforce15

It is all electric. Wouldn't heat on all day, full blast, drain the batteries? Could be 12 plus hours.
Adding battery is the easiest thing in the world. It would be fine for most routes as is.

They purpose built usps models. UPS models would be free to put in a 300 mile battery for more cost if that's what UPS wanted.

oldngray

nowhere special
Adding battery is the easiest thing in the world. It would be fine for most routes as is.

They purpose built usps models. UPS models would be free to put in a 300 mile battery for more cost if that's what UPS wanted.
Batteries are heavy. You can't just keep adding more without getting diminishing returns

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns

No one ever says anything about winter use. Adding anything and UPS don't go together. These runner-gunners won't even plug the thing in at night. Worthless.

wilberforce15

No one ever says anything about winter use. Adding anything and UPS don't go together. These runner-gunners won't even plug the thing in at night. Worthless.

You do know that half of all vehicle sales in Norway are electric right?

Winter isn't even a problem at all. And the weight helps, not hurts.

MisplacedRailWorker

an absolute *ing disgrace of a human being.
If you wanted to eliminate a pocket get rid of the pockets on the back of the pants, who uses those?
I served in a branch of the military that gives you 20, count em, 20 pockets on a combat utility uniform. Marine Corps maybe we used one, for cigarettes/lighter if we could hold onto one for more than an hour. Definitely not condoms, wallet, etc. but the kicker is:
severe disciplinary action If you are caught with your hands in your pockets. I have 19 :censored2: empty pockets, nothing to do, not an ounce of professionalism in my blood, why the :censored2: can’t I put my hands in these :censored2: pockets

MisplacedRailWorker

I served in a branch of the military that gives you 20, count em, 20 pockets on a combat utility uniform. Marine Corps maybe we used one, for cigarettes/lighter if we could hold onto one for more than an hour. Definitely not condoms, wallet, etc. but the kicker is:
severe disciplinary action If you are caught with your hands in your pockets. I have 19 :censored2: empty pockets, nothing to do, not an ounce of professionalism in my blood, why the :censored2: can’t I put my hands in these :censored2: pockets
Sorry, I got triggered/reservist problems/ptsd

MisplacedRailWorker

You do know that half of all vehicle sales in Norway are electric right?

Winter isn't even a problem at all. And the weight helps, not hurts.
You do know that all of all Norway’s wars are prevented and fought by the United States of America, correct?

I.e. war on terrorism, isis, etc.

wilberforce15

You do know that all of all Norway’s wars are prevented and fought by the United States of America, correct?

I.e. war on terrorism, isis, etc.

Yes. And they are showing us that winter doesn't mean anything to an electric vehicle, especially given that low center of gravity and a heavy vehicle both help.

We can both thank each other.

wilberforce15

Going to need new coal and nuke plants!
In the interim, sure. But other electric consumption is going down or getting more efficient per capita

In the longer run, most facilities will be able to provide most of their own power, with fewer centralized plants at all.

wilberforce15

I think it's funny that yall are pushing all the completely predictable and irrelevant points against electric vehicles, not realizing that I'm far to the right of any of you.

It's just a superior way to run things. It's infinitely more reliable, much cheaper, requires less social infrastructure, and is easily faster, safer, and more powerful.

There isn't a single thing an internal combustion engine does better.