No Call, no show (preload)

Integrity

Binge Poster
Why should I fight for these PT employees when they won't even fight for themselves?

If they wanted a higher rate, they have the numbers to control their fate and their wage. Stand up and fight to get want you want I will back you 100%

But, I will not fight for you when you won't fight for yourself.
Part-timers need to get active in the Union.

Integrity

Binge Poster
What kind of backwards logic is this? We are all due paying members of the same union. Why are you so resistant to the idea of your brothers and sisters getting a raise to a livable wage? This is the exact mentality that Management would love to breed. Let’s also not pretend that the union hasn’t completely failed in mobilizing and reaching out to part time employees.
Part timers have failed the Union.

Integrity

Binge Poster
More part-timers making more money and having the means and encouragement they need to become full-timers means a stronger IBT. Any non-management UPS employee who opposes that is a g-d idiot.
Won’t oppose that, it will only happen through collective bargaining. Organize the PTers and vote.

Back From Break
Why are you so resistant to the idea of your part time brothers and sisters getting a raise to a livable wage? This is the exact mentality that Progressives would love to breed.

There. Fixed it for you.

People expect a living wage, a wage to support them and their families, from a part time job.

Yes, I think part timers should make more because UPS can afford to pay them more, not that they "deserve" more. It's a part time job. Part time jobs usually pay part time wages. Get over yourself.

542thruNthru

What really needs to happen is the union needs to stop negotiating PT wages/raises nationally. The fact that the employees at Amazon in Alabama are ecstatic about $15 starting wage should tell you something. I think it's also the reason UPS has such a hard time getting PT in some states to go FT. They don't need to with what they make.

Back From Break
I don't live in a right to work state,but in reality what incentive aside from a light paycheck at the beginning of the month is there for a pt loader to join the union?I have received nothing not even a t shirt.

The union gets you nothing?

It's uninformed people like you that give all the part-timers a bad name, and some of the reasons why they don't vote.

What other company gives their part-timers full medical, vacations and a pension?

Swanson

Henry Swanson's my name, and excitement's my game.
The union gets you nothing?

It's uninformed people like you that give all the part-timers a bad name, and some of the reasons why they don't vote.

What other company gives their part-timers full medical, vacations and a pension?
Uninformed of what?Can you enlighten me with more of your words of wisdom you are such a great mentor to newer union members,moving to another state was great advice what other advice can you add?I am not getting medical vacation or pension.(I know I am making according to you a whopping 15 an hour so I should shut up and be thankful)

Last edited:
Uninformed of what?Can you enlighten me with more of your words of wisdom you are such a great mentor to newer union members,moving to another state was great advice what other advice can you add?I am not getting medical vacation or pension.(I know I am making according to you a whopping 15 an hour so I should shut up and be thankful)
Well you will get medical, vacation and a pension if you stay here long enough.