No Call, no show (preload)

Swanson

Henry Swanson's my name, and excitement's my game.
Are you part-time or got to vote on the next contract That's the only way you're going to get ahead.
Believe me I will vote when the time comes to me growing up being in a union was a big deal this is my first time.I know the longshoreman take an oath when they join! Nothing with the teamsters no union card,no pride, no nothing, which is sad because this union is on its last legs it has become a relic of crappy De Niro movies

Believe me I will vote when the time comes to me growing up being in a union was a big deal this is my first time.I know the longshoreman take an oath when they join! Nothing with the teamsters no union card no nothing, which is sad because this union is on its last legs it has become a relic of crappy De Niro movies
In my opinion one of the big reasons that the union has become weak because the members do not care anymore.
When the company in Union both know they cannot get enough members to vote on a contract then we will all have to accept what we get until that changes

Swanson

Henry Swanson's my name, and excitement's my game.
In my opinion one of the big reasons that the union has become weak because the members do not care anymore.
When the company in Union both know they cannot get enough members to vote on a contract then we will all have to accept what we get until that changes
It is sad there is no pride,no brotherhood,every man for themselves,the crap I've seen management pull in my time at UPS is unbelievable especially it being a union shop the contract is violated like a prostitute on a nightly basis as well as state labor laws with no fear of consequences.

takesteady

There. Fixed it for you.

People expect a living wage, a wage to support them and their families, from a part time job.

Yes, I think part timers should make more because UPS can afford to pay them more, not that they "deserve" more. It's a part time job. Part time jobs usually pay part time wages. Get over yourself.
Are you a supervisor or something? You seem really intent on widening the division between drivers and warehouse workers. You know part time employees getting a raise wouldn’t mean you get a pay cut right? This crabs in a bucket mentality is so absurd.
And just FYI, the vast majority of people don’t believe delivery drivers DESERVE top rate. It was earned through union solidarity, something with which you seem to have a major problem with. You need to get over yourself.

542thruNthru

There seems to be a awful lot of part timers on here that constantly need to be told to vote by people that have absolutely no proof that part timers don't vote.

I think I'm going to start telling every FTer that complains about 22.4s or 9.5 that they need to vote because obviously FTers are not voting if those things were put into the contract.

I have been lurking

Tired hubrat
There seems to be a awful lot of part timers on here that constantly need to be told to vote by people that have absolutely no proof that part timers don't vote.

I think I'm going to start telling every FTer that complains about 22.4s or 9.5 that they need to vote because obviously FTers are not voting if those things were put into the contract.
I said it before, they can't vote when fired on day 39

nWo

There. Fixed it for you.

People expect a living wage, a wage to support them and their families, from a part time job.

Yes, I think part timers should make more because UPS can afford to pay them more, not that they "deserve" more. It's a part time job. Part time jobs usually pay part time wages. Get over yourself.

Jesus dude. They do deserve more. We're Teamsters. We fight for higher wages.

Back From Break
Can you enlighten me with more of your words of wisdom

OK. Don't expect to raise a family on a part-time job.

I am not getting medical vacation or pension.

You will if you stick around long enough.

I am making according to you a whopping 15 an hour so I should shut up and be thankful.

I hate to tell you, but Amazon, ABF, FedEx, DHL, etc, all start out around 15 bucks an hour.

Back From Break
We fight for higher wages.

Part timers don't.

So do Taco Bell Mcdonald's and Wendy's.

Yep. So UPS is on par with about every other company.

And as a teamster, that’s not deeply embarrassing to you?

It is what it is. The part-timers don't want to fight for a higher wage.

Unlike the other companies I mentioned, the Teamsters are there to back the part-timers up if they just make their voices heard.

Why should I fight for them when they won't fight for themselves.

I have already posted that I will back them up 100% if they just stand up and fight.

Back From Break
And to get this thread back on topic, a no-call no-show from some of these other companies mentioned could probably get you terminated. Not a UPS, thanks to the Teamsters.

Part timers don't.

Unlike the other companies I mentioned, the Teamsters are there to back the part-timers up if they just make their voices heard.

I have already posted that I will back them up 100% if they just stand up and fight.
I hear a lot of PT arguing for why they deserve a higher wage and FT Union brothers telling them why they don't deserve to make any more than minimum wage.

Yolo

Part timers don't.

Uhhh. The part timers are fighting for higher wages. Do you live under a rock?

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
I hear a lot of PT arguing for why they deserve a higher wage and FT Union brothers telling them why they don't deserve to make any more than minimum wage.
It is back breaking and HOT work. I did it for 10 years and my body is still reminding me. They absolutely deserve more than Joe Blow flipping burgers.

That being said, the quality of hub workers, at least when I was there, has gone WAY down. We used to bust our asses everyday just for bragging rights. It was a pride thing. If you were the slacker on the PD, you were ridiculed. We had no respect for you. Now these guys are touching their phones more than packages and I swear I get a contact high walking behind them coming through the guard shack.