No Call, no show (preload)

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
The sad reality is making minimum wage,having a criminal manager shaving your time card,working over 6 hours with a 10 minute break,having half the crew on a staggered start (without telling them) shaping up everyday especially new hires to save the billion dollar company a whopping 3.75!!Sending all the workers home having the supervisors do all the work because they don't want to pay us...15 dollars an hour in todays world does not equal the 9.50 that they were paying 20 years ago.
In almost no places is the pay here minimum wage.

Be glad if they offer more hours, they'll soon be back to trying to squeeze everyone out after 3.5.
Staggered starts exist. Don't work before your start time, make them post your start time.

File on supervisors working after sending workers home. (Easy way to make money right here.)

Inflation sucks. I'll agree on that point.

takesteady

I’ll bite. Because of the physical toll it takes on my body. I can follow the 8 keys to Lifting and Lowering to the letter, wear a weight belt or any other kind of back bracing apparatus, and work at a reasonable pace, but there are still mornings where I crawl into bed feeling like a hunchbacked 80 year old man. That’s just what lifting 1000+ awkwardly shaped packages of varying weight a night will do to you.

don’t get me wrong, the benefits alone are worth it to me, but I think an argument for an increased hourly wage can be made as well.

Integrity

Binge Poster
I’ll bite. Because of the physical toll it takes on my body. I can follow the 8 keys to Lifting and Lowering to the letter, wear a weight belt or any other kind of back bracing apparatus, and work at a reasonable pace, but there are still mornings where I crawl into bed feeling like a hunchbacked 80 year old man. That’s just what lifting 1000+ awkwardly shaped packages of varying weight a night will do to you.

don’t get me wrong, the benefits alone are worth it to me, but I think an argument for an increased hourly wage can be made as well.
Well said. Do you believe in unionism?

Swanson

Henry Swanson's my name, and excitement's my game.

The bennies are well worth it and deserved if you hang for the 9 months of being ripped off by a billion dollar corporation! (who is making record profits)

In almost no places is the pay here minimum wage.

Be glad if they offer more hours, they'll soon be back to trying to squeeze everyone out after 3.5.
Staggered starts exist. Don't work before your start time, make them post your start time.

File on supervisors working after sending workers home. (Easy way to make money right here.)

Inflation sucks. I'll agree on that point.
President Biden signed the Federal Contractor minimum wage increase to $15/hr. We are Federal contractors.

Back From Break
What other union allows their workers to make minimum wage?

Not very good at math, are you?

Federal minimum wage. (I agree some States have set there minimum wage higher, but on average, it is still close to the Federal level.)

The federal minimum wage for covered nonexempt employees is $7.25 per hour.

UPS starting wage

UPS has raised its starting rate to $14 per hour for part-time package handlers as part of the company's five-year plan to reach a rate of $15.50 per hour by 2022.

Swanson

Not very good at math, are you?

Federal minimum wage. (I agree some States have set there minimum wage higher, but on average, it is still close to the Federal level.)

The federal minimum wage for covered nonexempt employees is $7.25 per hour.

UPS starting wage

UPS has raised its starting rate to $14 per hour for part-time package handlers as part of the company's five-year plan to reach a rate of $15.50 per hour by 2022.
Not very good at reading are you?
In Los Angeles where I live minimum wage is 15 dollars an hour factor in union dues I am making less then minimum wage.Like I said, there should have been a clause that varies state by state in the Masters, that no teamster would make minimum wage no matter where they live.

takesteady

I’m glad so many of our union ‘brothers’ are concerned about the financial state of UPS in the event that inside employees get a raise to more than barely above minimum wage. Amazing solidarity ! ✊

Swanson

I’m glad so many of our union ‘brothers’ are concerned about the financial state of UPS in the event that inside employees get a raise to more than barely above minimum wage. Amazing solidarity ! ✊
They sound like a bunch of scabs imagine if they were being paid minimum when they were in the warehouse?

Back From Break
Not very good at reading are you?
In Los Angeles where I live minimum wage is 15 dollars an hour factor in union dues I am making less then minimum wage.Like I said, there should have been a clause that varies state by state in the Masters, that no teamster would make minimum wage no matter where they live.

I'm fine at reading. I stated there are a few exceptions, like you. UPS will not pay more to employees that elect to live in a super progressive State with taxes and the cost of living out of control.

In general, UPS pays twice what the National Minimum Wage rate is, with a few exceptions. So, instead of thinking about moving, you want UPS to pay you more. Good luck.

Back From Break
I’m glad so many of our union ‘brothers’ are concerned about the financial state of UPS in the event that inside employees get a raise to more than barely above minimum wage. Amazing solidarity !

They sound like a bunch of scabs imagine if they were being paid minimum when they were in the warehouse?

Why should I fight for these PT employees when they won't even fight for themselves?

If they wanted a higher rate, they have the numbers to control their fate and their wage. Stand up and fight to get want you want I will back you 100%

But, I will not fight for you when you won't fight for yourself.

Why should I fight for these PT employees when they won't even fight for themselves?

If they wanted a higher rate, they have the numbers to control their fate and their wage. Stand up and fight to get want you want I will back you 100%

But, I will not fight for you when you won't fight for yourself.
I thought my Union dues ($23/wk) pays for my representation.

I'm fine at reading. I stated there are a few exceptions, like you. UPS will not pay more to employees that elect to live in a super progressive State with taxes and the cost of living out of control.

In general, UPS pays twice what the National Minimum Wage rate is, with a few exceptions. So, instead of thinking about moving, you want UPS to pay you more. Good luck.
The Federal contractor wage will be $15/hr. That includes all PT Union members.

Back From Break
I thought my Union dues ($23/wk) pays for my representation.

You're kidding, right?

The Federal contractor wage will be $15/hr. That includes all PT Union members.

Next year. UPS expects to be at $15.50 then.

I know, barely above minimum wage, but if you fought for your wage rate instead of relying on the Union to give non voting PT'ers a raise, you may be getting more. Well, you're an exception.

PT'ers have the numbers. Vote and you will get a nice big raise.