No cellphones in cab?

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Absolutely!!!

We haven't been told this yet. I won't give up my water up front. They can write me up and it will go to panel. That one I would fight all the way.

Having the bottle of water up front is a necessary evil. I think it is worth the risk. When I open my bulk head door it is all business. I don't stop to think about getting a drink of water. I am looking for my next pkg. I can't say how many times I have had to stop and re open the door because my water jug needs to be refilled and I forget to do it at a delivery stop.

LOL

When would the micromanaging end !!!!

center manager - The reason I brought you in the office was I need you to explain to me why You stopped the vehicle for 2 minutes on this telematics printout.

Driver - I was getting dehydrated and needed my gatorade, plus I had to wipe the sweat out of my eyes.

center manager - Stealing time is a fireable offense. IE allows you 5 seconds on your return to vehicle from stop to hydrate and wipe sweat

Driver - But I was driving 10 miles to do that split you gave me from the route you cut out.

center manager - (towards steward) - He will have a 3 day suspension. While you write up the grievance, I'm going to the break room and get a coffee.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
LOL

When would the micromanaging end !!!!

center manager - The reason I brought you in the office was I need you to explain to me why You stopped the vehicle for 2 minutes on this telematics printout.

Driver - I was getting dehydrated and needed my gatorade, plus I had to wipe the sweat out of my eyes.

center manager - Stealing time is a fireable offense. IE allows you 5 seconds on your return to vehicle from stop to hydrate and wipe sweat

Driver - But I was driving 10 miles to do that split you gave me from the route you cut out.

center manager - (towards steward) - He will have a 3 day suspension. While you write up the grievance, I'm going to the break room and get a coffee.

LMAO Oh I can hear this so clearly. And the funny thing is...... he won't break a sweat doing it either. :dissapointed:

City Driver

If you want the safest we should all drive automatics.

i dont know anybody who actually drives with both hands on the wheel anyway

its either left hand on the wheel right on the shiffter or right hand on the wheel left arm out the window

only 2 hands for making turns

over9five

Staff member
its either left hand on the wheel right on the shiffter or right hand on the wheel left arm out the window

Yup!

From now on, no more shifting while driving. All your shifting must be done while your vehicle is stopped!

No more rolling the window up and down either!

If it starts to rain, you may not turn on your wipers till your next stop!

If your windows fog up, no defrost till the next stop!

Telematics is now being configured to report whenever you have only one hand on the wheel.

teresarice

what about jawbones can you have those? we just got a letter to sign no electronics at all including jawbone radios ipods etc. I wont sign because contract says we can have radios.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
what about jawbones can you have those? we just got a letter to sign no electronics at all including jawbone radios ipods etc. I wont sign because contract says we can have radios.
Good for you! Don't sign it. How is work going up there? Getting any easier, yet?

Last edited:
M

Mike23

We got a note around a month ago saying, 'no headphones or electronic devices being used while driving, ie: ipods, cell phones...' They're cool with us having a radio in the cab, just no touchy! I signed because I thought it was a pretty good idea. The less fidgeting you do in a cab the better.

Dustyroads

I notice that nobody said that eating while driving was prohibited. Wonder if that's because they like to have their drivers skip lunch and eat on the run.

upsdavz

Think about it. So the whole day you never stop the vehicle or open the bulkhead door. Your dehydrated excuse does not hold water! Ever been hit by a flying water bottle in the cab? I have and it wasn't pleasant.

Where I work the automotive manager wants the feeder drivers to keep the tire chains in the cab! I will take that water bottle anytime!!!!

Also I remember a number of years back, UPS installed cup holders in the package cars. I wonder what they were meant for?

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
Right now ups recognizes a benefit to the company in allowing cells in the cab in general. When they can have live gps on their handhelds on the fleet, I believe the issue will be vewied differently.

tourists24

Right now ups recognizes a benefit to the company in allowing cells in the cab in general. When they can have live gps on their handhelds on the fleet, I believe the issue will be vewied differently.
when the cell phone issue comes up like this, then stewards should tell every driver never to use their cell phone for any communication with mgt at all... do all your communication via DIAD or use a land line when you get a chance. Use your cell on your own time unless an emergency comes up. Problem solved

tieguy

Banned
Has anyone been told they cannot have cell phones in cab of the truck they must be stored behind bulk head door?AND THEY CANNOT DRINK WHILE DRIVING.WATER OFCOURSE.

The cell phones are getting out of control. People on them while driving our vehicles.

the water should not be that big an issue. You have plenty of opportunities when stopped in traffic or plain stopped to get a drink.

Keep your hands on the wheel as much as possible when driving to maintain safe control of it.

There was a chartlottsville virginia feeder driver that ran up on top of a car recently. Never saw the car much less saw it stopping in front of him.Chances are good he was distracted for some unknown reason. Might have been on the cell phone , drinking a soda , yakking on the CB . who knows. five people in the car three of them kids all went to the hospital. You don't want that to happen to you. Keep yourself alert and in control when driving.