No comment!WTF

overflowed

Ground isn't looking for old timers. we like them to have some pep in their step. Less likely to get hurt. Get more done with less complaining. Not as many pee breaks. You old farts are stuck.

All joking aside the only difference between express and ground hiring is that our drivers must have previous experience...

In tattoos, goat tees, and illiteracy. All joking aside.

hypo hanna

I think Fred must be kicking back some cash to make The Teamsters ...go away .They are always trying to get new members. I dont know why thay are not going crazy to get Fedex signed on!!!!!

Nah.... It's much cheaper (and legal) to buy off the politicians. And if there is one thing we know about Fred, its the he is cheap.

The IBT is not going directly after the drivers until they can get rid of the RLA.

bbsam

Staff member
Nah.... It's much cheaper (and legal) to buy off the politicians. And if there is one thing we know about Fred, its the he is cheap.

The IBT is not going directly after the drivers until they can get rid of the RLA.
Look, I understand the RLA. But that is no reason for Express drivers not to reach out to the local IBT organizations and establish strong lines of communication. Maybe you can't make a difference at Express but you can help strengthen the Teamsters so that one day maybe they will be in a position to approach Express. Perhaps if you forgo the self-serving goal of organizing Fedex, organized labor can be strengthened in other ways.

MAKAVELI

Look, I understand the RLA. But that is no reason for Express drivers not to reach out to the local IBT organizations and establish strong lines of communication. Maybe you can't make a difference at Express but you can help strengthen the Teamsters so that one day maybe they will be in a position to approach Express. Perhaps if you forgo the self-serving goal of organizing Fedex, organized labor can be strengthened in other ways.

Did you not read the posts where we have reached out to the Teamsters with absolutely no response? The fact is they aren't going to put the resources into a national organizing effort.

bbsam

Staff member
Did you not read the posts where we have reached out to the Teamsters with absolutely no response? The fact is they aren't going to put the resources into a national organizing effort.
Maybe not now. That's no reason not to form close contacts. It's not all about Express drivers. Organized labor may need your help more than you need theirs.