No Holiday Pay

krey0311

I've been driving for 15 years, can anyone give me a reason why I wouldn't get paid for Christmas, NYE, and New Years day?? No call ins the day before or after. Mgmt has no clue why either.
Anyone else not get paid?? Gotta wait til next week for answers 🙄

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
I was paid with no issues.

Did you have a long period off this year?
Too lazy to look it up for my local now, but I know they can come after your vacations if you miss enough work. Perhaps they can come after holidays too?

krey0311

I was on comp for 2 months due to a knee injury. But worked 10 months no problem.
I know about them not paying vaca, but Holiday pay???? I don't know about that

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
I was on comp for 2 months due to a knee injury. But worked 10 months no problem.
I know about them not paying vaca, but Holiday pay???? I don't know about that
My last time on comp I was off 11 1/2 months in the same year. Still received all vacation pay.

DriverNerd

NYE and NYD should be on the check you will be getting next week. They don't pay them in advance.
I'm sure a 15 year driver knows that. He didn't get paid for Christmas and it probably doesn't show holiday for nye and nyd so he's assuming he won't get paid for them either.

Jlandry

All supplements are different. Some say you have to WORK the day before or after to get it. Some say you have to WORK 1 day within 30 days of the holiday. I would read your supplement.

krey0311

Ok so the told me this morning its because I have a Term Date of 11/20. Wtf does that mean??

Both the Union and MGMT are looking into it.