No Masks, No Hand Sanitizer, Filthy Facilities: A Sick UPS Worker Speaks Out

Misthios

I love my job. Don't you?
Man this got political fast. All I want is my employer to respond to this appropriately. I understand masks need to go to healthcare workers no issue there. No gloves having been given out since this began is unacceptable. No hand sanitizer being offered what a joke. Wash my hands often? Where? Most places treat us like lepers now. Our trucks not being sanitized nightly? Really? This is where my problem lies. There has been no response which places the public at risk. We are on the front lines of this with nothing but a hope and a prayer. They sell these lies of cleanliness to customers but damn its ugly. Ups is all about safety right? That's what people are pissed about. Oh and conveniently manages and supervisors have gloves, lysol, sanitizer and other things provided by the company but :censored2: us right?

The Range

In too deep
Many older, unhealthy UPSers (think feeder drivers) will pay the price for UPS negligence and our union's (US) failure to hold them accountable. For all UPSers - a chance of permanent lung damage from "just the flu". Notice the headline is about UPS - not Trump. The buck stops with UPS and the teamsters in terms of maintaining a safe work environment and enforcing it wholeheartedly.

Last edited:

Shift Inhibit

He who laughs last didn't get it.
795C6650-18E5-40C2-9686-40E0A72CD526.jpeg

jimdandy3

Impeach Hunter Biden
The slow roll out of supplies, the cavalier attitude at the beginning. He and the administration have gotten better, but the fact remains in my opinion too much valuable time was lost at the beginning. Part of the problem was the CDC was not prepared for this and from email released through the freedom of information request show a disorganized mess from the CDC at the beginning of this.
Do I think Trump is personally responsible for that? No, but it is his administration and he is the leader of the government so it is ultimately his responsibility

Internal Emails Show How Chaos at the CDC Slowed the Early Response to Coronavirus — ProPublica

The leader of the executive branch. He is not king yet.

Overpaid Union Thug

The intelligence on this was available 2019. Hence the name Covid-19.
He was too busy golfing with his fat ass self to have a timely plan to protect the American public. And you support that? What a turd
If a leader of ANY civilized country acted on the level required to stifle a pandemic each and every time they received intel on a new virus (or resurgence of a virus) those countries and their economies would come to a halt several times per year.

Common sense.

35years

Gravy route
Both sides are trying to make this a political football.

Who gives a crap. Both sides lie and literally play politics and people fall for it.

I just want to not infect my 90 year old father in law that we are caring for.

But what do I see at work?

1. Supervisors hoarding the hand sanitizer bottles they were supposed to hand out to EVERY driver.

2. Computer monitors showing the route mapping still turned on in the morning...Drivers shoulder to shoulder using the same mouse as the 5 guys before.TURN THE IDIOTIC ORION MONITORS OFF! No congregating? Show us you are serious. Don't hand me patriotic propoganda and do nothing for our safety.

3. Filthy trucks and bathrooms and press releases saying they are sanitary.

I believe these spineless money grubbing managers will eventually pay for the actual real deaths that will result. Not many driver or part time deaths, but the deaths of the older loved ones and customers we infect.

It may not happen till they die, but they will answer for this. How do they look in the mirror?

Last edited:

UPSER1987

Both sides are trying to make this a political football.

Who gives a crap. Both sides lie and literally play politics and people fall for it.

I just want to not infect my 90 year old father in law that we are caring for.

But what do I see at work?

1. Supervisors hoarding the hand sanitizer bottles they were supposed to hand out to EVERY driver.

2. Computer monitors showing the route mapping still turned on in the morning...Drivers shoulder to shoulder using the same mouse as the 5 guys before.TURN THE IDIOTIC ORION MONITORS OFF! No congregating? Show us you are serious. Don't hand me patriotic propoganda and do nothing for our safety.

3. Filthy trucks and bathrooms and press releases saying they are sanitary.

I believe these spineless money grubbing managers will eventually pay for the actual real deaths that will result. Not many driver or part time deaths, but the deaths of the older loved ones and customers we infect.

It may not happen till they die, but they will answer for this. How do they look in the mirror?

All that anger should be directed Trump...not employers and employees. This year, make the right decision when you vote.

35years

Gravy route
All that anger should be directed Trump...not employers and employees. This year, make the right decision when you vote.
You actually believe you are influencing anyone's vote here?

Not my first rodeo.

Yeah it is Trump's fault UPS is not instituting safety measures.

Give me a break...DAVE

Last edited:

H.E. Pennypacker

Mmm, Mombasa!
No Masks, No Hand Sanitizer, Filthy Facilities: A Sick UPS Worker Speaks Out

A snip:

Are they letting you take any safety precautions due to the virus?
It’s very much business as usual. As of this Monday, they did give us rubber gloves. But they tear. I’ll use six or seven pairs of them in a shift if I wear them. They’re just cheap latex gloves and that’s all UPS has given us. One day last week, we had no soap in our bathroom. We have a bathroom with three sinks. One of the sinks works. And they say they’re sanitizing the bathroom, but it has not been cleaned in months. It is disgusting. So we have one unsanitary bathroom that has, like, a 50 percent chance of having soap.

They haven’t given us hand sanitizer whatsoever. I thought they said they were going to give his hand sanitizer, I’m not sure if that was official, but I was told that by a manager. It never happened. So they’re basically doing nothing. And I can tell you for a fact, they don’t wipe down our equipment or clean our equipment ever......
Today at the hub they were handing out little bottles of hand sanitizer, a driver sup was sitting at the front door with a little box of them. It was for drivers only though, for loaders there was a little table of latex gloves. I can feel the posters sentiments, our bathrooms are always dirty, no paper towels usually. Our bathrooms either have those old semi circle sinks you push down with your feet that have been in the hub since it opened 40 years ago, or they have two little sinks.

Today they sanitized the scanners before the sort. I told him, "that's like going into Hiroshima after the bombing with a broom and dust pan to clean up", the rest of the building is disgustingly filthy. So what does that do?

35years

Gravy route
All of the sisters would come out to vote for her
Yeah the B that miniaturized my kid's hot school lunch.

Take away a large cheeseburger and give them 5 carrot sticks and a rutabaga.

They came home starving. Great way to fight childhood obesity...give them 1/2 portions of food no one would eat.