No more manual transmission for driver tests?

rod

Retired 22 years
It makes a bigger thunk at 20..
Most automatics have mechanism that won't allow Park to be engaged at that speed but at 5 or 10 mph sometimes you can force them to. I'm speaking from experience from years ago. You used to be able to hit the starter after the engine was already running and that was good for some strange sounds also.

Most automatics have mechanism that won't allow Park to be engaged at that speed but at 5 or 10 mph sometimes you can force them to. I'm speaking from experience from years ago. You used to be able to hit the starter after the engine was already running and that was good for some strange sounds also.
Jim that friend in the park

MassWineGuy

Omg! I hope they’ve mothballed all the manual trannys. When I was in driver training in Chelmsford, MA, the center manager for Lowell picked me to drive him around. The car must have had THE worst transmission of any vehicle in the building.

This horror of a human (I hesitate to name him), Bruce, didn’t like how I turned the wheel, didn’t like my shoes, didn’t like anything I did. What a POS jerk. I met him and his wife on a local beach a few years later walking their two dogs. Not counting his wife. He was really big and was just a bully.

Poop Head

Judge me.
My Grandson is supposedly inheriting my son-in-laws almost mint condition 90"s Jeep which is a manual. I wish I could teach him how to drive it like I taught both my kids. My kids learned driving out on a frozen lake with nothing to hit but a few fish houses. After they got used to the clutch I would let them drive all over the lake practicing by themselves. They loved it and I got to fish. My grandson will have nothing but a parking lot to practice in and then deal with big city (Dallas) traffic. I wish him luck.
Thats how i learned.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I read a comment on upsers that they're are getting rid of the need to drive manual transmissions for drivers, but couldn't find any info in the contract. Although it is a lot to sift through. Anyone else hear about this?
I don't think we even have one in our building anymore.