No more manual transmission for driver tests?

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
shame a lot of the manuals were the old barn door design. Not a fan of having a rollup door assembly in the way of what is normally the best shelf to load bulk docks

Faceplanted

what's all this jazz about manual trannys anyways?

the only benefit over automatic is that you get to have blown kneecaps at a younger age. who wants that? manual transmission is bad on your knees....the last thing we need is more problems just to feel like a big shot.....this job is hard enough as it is with management trying to shove more stops down our throats....
Low test detected.

Needabiggerhammer

The spicers are basically the top left blue one except you get a bonus granny 1st gear in the lower left for cases where you want to take your sweet time and piss off the motorists behind you.
That's the dogleg. You see them in trucks with granny first and older 5 speed sports cars where you shift 2-3 a lot for road courses etc.

specter208

I like driving manuals. Especially the manual when combined with a Diesel engine, that makes them easy to start moving and and hold gears without constant shifting.

turq

I don't think we have any left, but I do know last peak they made a new hire test with one. Driving a stick never bothered me, it was the gosh darn MF##@#$#@ trucks with no power steering that kicked my butt. I'm glad those days are gone.

Brownt10

I read a comment on upsers that they're are getting rid of the need to drive manual transmissions for drivers, but couldn't find any info in the contract. Although it is a lot to sift through. Anyone else hear about this?
I took my road test in my personal vehicle bc all the trucks were red tagged. My boss even bought me a slurpy from 7/11

Boxjockey82

Been like that in our building since last year. Found out because I was taken out of my 1300 and put in a manual 1000 because some rookie didn't know how to drive stick.

Whither

Scofflaw
Necroposting this one to mark the end of an era in our center. Our last stick just got Old Yellered. 150ish-truck fleet, no more manuals.
That's a bummer. I haven't driven a manual pkg car in a year and probably never will again since there's only a handful of manual P-1200s left in my building's fleet and they're all nearing the end of the line.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
RIP, Manuel. Last one I know of in our center got processed last week.

Maybe some more scrap ones will be imported from CA. Really don't understand the waste of sending those piles all the way here.