We run shuttles daily for all the crap that won’t fit. It’s so funny, they cut all these routes, then pay guys 6-7 hours to shuttle around and meet drivers, could just run extra routes?
We will sometimes have 4-5 people shutting, doing air, and pickups. Where they could put in 1 full route, or a “junk route”. And pay only 1 or 2 people.

YUOVER95

We will sometimes have 4-5 people shutting, doing air, and pickups. Where they could put in 1 full route, or a “junk route”. And pay only 1 or 2 people.

Are you crazy!?!? That makes too much sense. You need to stop thinking like that. If it makes sense it won’t work. We’re all about doing things the most inefficient way possible.

Maplewood

No drivers have been given their 4 week notice here, but we have been told that sat ground is getting scaled way back for now. We should be going from 20+ on Saturday to like 6 and some sat air drivers. It will be weird to be the new guy, just make seniority, then have to deliver like 20% of the centers area totally blind.

Heavy Package

I’d like to know if there are places where they’re ceasing operations totally or are they just scaling back?

5-Center operation. Scrapped. Don't know what will happen to all the T-Sa people they hired or are working those days now. It's already a cluster in the hub..

Motor

maybe its because amazon has started their own shipping, and now a chunk of online shopping deliveries are now done by amazon. So the ripple affect from that is large companies like UPS will have less volume to spill over to saturday.
My hub just announced they are scrapping it in a few weeks. A lot of speculation that it was a money pit operation and volume did not materialize as planned.

Rack em

Made the Podium
It's all about stops per car. They look at the wrong numbers at this place.
I asked the dispatcher a few weeks ago why there was a down right stupid split on the route I was covering she said she had to put the split on because the route HAS to go out with X amount of stops no matter what. So because of commit times and back tracking, that split of around 14 stops easily added 20 miles to my route. Upper management is ** stupid!

Last edited by a moderator:
J
I asked the dispatcher a few weeks ago why there was a down right stupid split on the route I was covering she said she had to put the split on because the route HAS to go out with X amount of stops no matter what. So because of commit times and back tracking, that split of around 14 stops easily added 20 miles to my route. Upper management is sofa king stupid!
Just work as directed and collect paycheck