No negotiations until 22nd!?

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
The way this whole thing is proceeding we seriously might be hitting the street.

I do not know if it is true, but after Ron Carey kicked UPS ass back in "97" he was verbally threatened by their negotiators, something like:

"Just wait we are going to get you....!"

It was reported that he just laughed...

:grrr:......................:rofl:

Just saying that O'Brien better be watching his back...but he knows that already by the way he is talking smack...:thumbsup:

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
Go prepare the strike bunker
Whew, just unloaded a bunch of these at Glenlake Pkwy...
1685125464455.png

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I do not know if it is true, but after Ron Carey kicked UPS ass back in "97" he was verbally threatened by their negotiators, something like:

"Just wait we are going to get you....!"

It was reported that he just laughed...

:grrr:......................:rofl:

Just saying that O'Brien better be watching his back...but he knows that already by the way he is talking smack...:thumbsup:
Didn’t the company sue the teamsters after the strike???

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
Didn’t the company sue the teamsters after the strike???

I don’t remember..I know they tried to get out of creating those 22.3 positions, claiming loss of volume, it went into arbitration and they lost. I believe it took two years to finally settle it.

Thebrownblob

I don’t remember..I know they tried to get out of creating those 22.3 positions, claiming loss of volume, it went into arbitration and they lost. I believe it took two years to finally settle it.
The first round of 22.3 jobs were finally given out around June or July 2000. So just shy of three years.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
The first round of 22.3 jobs were finally given out around June or July 2000. So just shy of three years.
I should have received one of those jobs but finally went driving and they never gave us back pay from three years earlier. People who waited for the 22.3 positions received the back pay…go figure…and some of the checks were very large…it was all total bs