No pay for the snow day

dudebro

We are not expensive. Not for high volume shippers at least.
You're absolutely right. And that pricing is wrong in this day and age. When large shippers disrupt the network and add additional lanes from one place to another, it should be priced accordingly. If we have to run a 6th day punch at time / half because you tendered us 5x the volume you planned to, that costs UPS MORE money, not less.

The CEO got a pay raise because other CEOs are more overpaid. Surely, you're not going to advance a thesis that company performance and CEO pay are linked in general, are you?
Years ago UPS used to be one of the lowest paid CEO's it was more of a resume builder.
Now nothing at this place makes sense.

Whatever, just as long as my paycheck clears.

dudebro

The founder believed what I think you and I believe. That was one of the things that originally attracted me to this company. The CEO shouldn't make so many multiples more than the workers. But we were private then.

Now, you probably can't get anything done on Wall St without someone asking "What's up with your salary, you're making us look bad, you gotta fix that".

Nine5

The post office has an unfair cost advantage and if I was ups and fedex i would take it as far as the Supreme Court.

With that said how much cheaper is fedex really than us?

Their margins are higher yes. Cheaper....
I don't think they are much cheaper , even so the service is no where near what we provide...... most customers who make the switch to FedEx switch back eventually

1000RR

Speaking of cutting costs being huge as mentioned earlier, my part time sup said higher ups wont even buy colored toner for the printers. Only black and white LOL

km3

Speaking of cutting costs being huge as mentioned earlier, my part time sup said higher ups wont even buy colored toner for the printers. Only black and white LOL

Our schedules have been on colored paper. White is too expensive I guess.