No pay for the snow day

J

jibbs

did you forget to take your meds?

Nope, I can just tell when a person thinks I'm bullshiitting.

You take meds, huh? You know, just because you do doesn't mean everybody else needs medicine to be okay with themselves. Personally, it's other people that tend to bother me.

Don't know why some of you are hatin' on the OP for wanting his own money. It was his managment team that was being unreasonable....

Me, personally, I'm not trying to hate on the OP or anybody else that shares his/her predicament and I apologize again if I've come off that way. Initially, I've already described what I was trying to do.

Things've evolved a bit since then, though. Li'l bit of a snowball effect.

P

pickup

Local 804 officials could have shown management the folly of its actions by suggesting to all affected members of this policy(which was disclosed Wednesday) to take a sick day on Thursday.

dudebro

But volume has stayed pretty high q1 this year. At least stop counts have.

That doesn't mean our revenue per package is good enough though. Not that that would be anyone's fault on BC, but if volume is up and we cut cost, and we're not making the profits we expect to, then we must have what Wall St. calls "a yield problem". We're already not cheap, so, there's that too.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
That doesn't mean our revenue per package is good enough though. Not that that would be anyone's fault on BC, but if volume is up and we cut cost, and we're not making the profits we expect to, then we must have what Wall St. calls "a yield problem". We're already not cheap, so, there's that too.
We are not expensive. Not for high volume shippers at least.

Is that why the CEO got a big pay raise?

Nine5

I was told yesterday when i came in that we can not use a sick or personal day for Tuesdays snow closure. everyone is to be coded 26 scheduled day off no pay. that has to be the most ridiculous payroll decision i have yet seen in my 27+ years. some pissing match about contract language between the company and union. this is in NY local 804. i skimmed through both the international and my local supplement and could not find anything pertaining to emergency closures and payroll decisions. i for one am not looking forward to a short paycheck next week when i have days left! what are they doing for you guys in other areas?
I hear ya, but in my center it was called a "one day layoff" and you can't get paid when your laid off.....

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
....unless we do something the address the wage inequity....
The post office has an unfair cost advantage and if I was ups and fedex i would take it as far as the Supreme Court.

With that said how much cheaper is fedex really than us?

Their margins are higher yes. Cheaper....