No RPCD allowed

DriverNerd

Our center forced 30+ RCPD's in for today after asking for volunteers, I know because it got to me and I have at least 30 people under me that are not 22.4. Was a fun conversation with the center manager though.

Him: Due to seniority you have to work tomorrow.
Me: Seriously?
Him: Yeah, start time is 9 am.
Me: Are we working 70's this week, because if we're not I have two hours available.
Him: No, 60's. See you Monday.

Overpaid Union Thug

Working PVDS on Saturdays will end up being a disaster. Last year they left pallets of pieces in the building everyday because they couldn’t fit them in the vehicles or “get to those stops.” Regular drivers were “forced” to grab them as they came in and go back out to deliver.

The Southern Supplement sucks (as does many of its representatives) so there was no repercussions. Expect the same on Saturday evenings.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
I agree, though seasonal usage is a grey area. Here the company is able to use seasonals from Oct 1st - Jan 1st.

I agree with that as well. But if the seasonal is already working m-friend and Saturday would be a 6th shift for them, then I would argue that extra work should still be made available in seniority order. If the seasonal is scheduled t-s, then that wouldn't be extra work.

Dr.Brownz

good , they worked enough ...these money hungry guys are part of the problem , not the solution.
🧔✊

My center is filled with old bastards who volunteer for extra work and then complain about working too much and not getting 9.5 pay. It's like UPS hires mentally retarded people

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
The company is doing whatever the * it wants right now. They know some people will file and get paid anyways, but most will just do nothing. Company wins.
Doubt many will get paid honestly. The union will just claim oh guys it’s peak. Times are rough right now. Cut them some slack.

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
My center is filled with old bastards who volunteer for extra work and then complain about working too much and not getting 9.5 pay. It's like UPS hires mentally retarded people
yeah those poor guys have no personal skills beyond slinging cardboard , plenty of ways to earn extra money outside of UPS.
🧔✊

Analbumcover

ControlPkgs
Not sure if it is related but we got the no over 9.5 pcm yesterday

This is shaping up to be an....interesting peak

They gave us that speech last Friday. Went all week without punching out after 6:45. The non 9.5 list overtime old timers are actually mad about that. I'm thinking, man, you can hardly walk upright after 25 years in package and you want to be out until 10pm in the cold and dark?

Overpaid Union Thug

They gave us that speech last Friday. Went all week without punching out after 6:45. The non 9.5 list overtime old timers are actually mad about that. I'm thinking, man, you can hardly walk upright after 25 years in package and you want to be out until 10pm in the cold and dark?
Our OT hogs (mostly “old timers”) are in the “work preload, drive, then run out of hours by Friday plan” so no worries here.

rustys954rr

Our center forced 30+ RCPD's in for today after asking for volunteers, I know because it got to me and I have at least 30 people under me that are not 22.4. Was a fun conversation with the center manager though.

Him: Due to seniority you have to work tomorrow.
Me: Seriously?
Him: Yeah, start time is 9 am.
Me: Are we working 70's this week, because if we'renot I have two hours available.
Him: No, 60's. See you Monday.
That's when you show up, don't say anything, then after the first hour you tell them your dot hours are about to expire, then make sure you get your 8 hour guarantee, easy money.

DriverNerd

That's when you show up, don't say anything, then after the first hour you tell them your dot hours are about to expire, then make sure you get your 8 hour guarantee, easy money.
Funny, that's what I would usually do (our center is usually pretty good at not forcing if you don't have hours, but someone didn't look), but I had a lot of things to do this weekend.

And they wouldn't just pay me 8, they'd send me out as a helper. Which to me is so easy money.