No RPCD allowed

DOK

Negative. Saturday would be considered extra work for a rcpd. 22.4 is required to be there, someone who isnt scheduled but performing extra work doesnt have seniority
Which needs to be changed in the next contract. Seniority should rule in all cases, a senior driver should be able to sign up for extra work. Where have you ever heard a union workplace set up like it is at ups, “oh, you have 35 years seniority? Nope sorry, this driver with 2 months seniority gets to work before you”! How did we get here, more importantly, how do we make it right?

I have been lurking

Tired hubrat
Which needs to be changed in the next contract. Seniority should rule in all cases, a senior driver should be able to sign up for extra work. Where have you ever heard a union workplace set up like it is at ups, “oh, you have 35 years seniority? Nope sorry, this driver with 2 months seniority gets to work before you”! How did we get here, more importantly, how do we make it right?
You know how many 25+ year hubrats will come in and work 6 days doing easy stuff? the M-friend/T-S makes it equal.

Overpaid Union Thug

Here 22.4s pick routes after RPCDs on Saturdays. End of story. There is talk of bidding the Saturday routes separately to avoid that but I don’t see that going over well.

All this is counterproductive since RPCDs are needed to have enough drivers on Saturdays and violating their seniority will likely result in less volunteers. And forcing them in only to run crap routes while new drivers run desired routes will likely result in plenty of damage to the center manager’s important reports.

Roller252

Here 22.4s pick routes after RPCDs on Saturdays. End of story. There is talk of bidding the Saturday routes separately to avoid that but I don’t see that going over well.

All this is counterproductive since RPCDs are needed to have enough drivers on Saturdays and violating their seniority will likely result in less volunteers. And forcing them in only to run crap routes while new drivers run desired routes will likely result in plenty of damage to the center manager’s important reports.
It was announced this morning that our 22.4's would be running the routes they are used to on Sat 11/27 while the rest of us RPCD's that are being forced in will run our normal M-friend rte that will be preloaded for that Monday.

So who's gonna win the seniority fight when these routes inevitably overlap? I'll be damned if I'm gonna be bumped by a 22.4 from either my work area or into a rental.

Cloud

I think there's a distinction that needs to be made. If they are scheduled Sat or forced in or whatever the circumstance is that requires them to be in, then seniority rules. However, if Billy just willy-nilly decides to show up on Saturday who's not scheduled and didn't say they wanted to work ahead of time, then no... seniority doesn't apply. Management knows the seniority order and the roster so they plan the schedule knowing who likes what route in mind already.

Overpaid Union Thug

It was announced this morning that our 22.4's would be running the routes they are used to on Sat 11/27 while the rest of us RPCD's that are being forced in will run our normal M-friend rte that will be preloaded for that Monday.

So who's gonna win the seniority fight when these routes inevitably overlap? I'll be damned if I'm gonna be bumped by a 22.4 from either my work area or into a rental.

That’s doesn’t make sense. At least in my center it wouldn’t. Because the Saturday routes would, as you said, overlap with regular routes. Some would be pure duplicate routes. They’ll have to deviate from their normal Saturday “plans” and create more split routes like they normally do Monday-Friday. Regardless of what they decide to attempt it won’t change the fact that 22.4s don’t get super seniority just because it’s peak season. Any steward, BA, or local that allows that aren’t worthy of their positions.

Overpaid Union Thug

I think there's a distinction that needs to be made. If they are scheduled Sat or forced in or whatever the circumstance is that requires them to be in, then seniority rules. However, if Billy just willy-nilly decides to show up on Saturday who's not scheduled and didn't say they wanted to work ahead of time, then no... seniority doesn't apply. Management knows the seniority order and the roster so they plan the schedule knowing who likes what route in mind already.
If an RPCD is working on Saturday (regardless of whether or not they were forced or volunteered) their seniority rules over all 22.4s. The only protection from a RPCD a 22.4 has is the right to work on Saturday first. My center only has about half the amount of 22.4s needed to fill the amount of routes that are typically in on Saturdays so there are usually RPCDs there. They can’t pump 22.4 out of working Saturdays. But they do have seniority over them when they do work. Regardless of why they are there.

Est.1998

Saturday routes are basically split routes in my center. They cover one or two stops in the whole zip code.
The only thing that would change is if there are pickups on that route, they would be moved to its primary route since the bid route will be in.

Cloud

If an RPCD is working on Saturday (regardless of whether or not they were forced or volunteered) their seniority rules over all 22.4s. The only protection from a RPCD a 22.4 has is the right to work on Saturday first. My center only has about half the amount of 22.4s needed to fill the amount of routes that are typically in on Saturdays so there are usually RPCDs there. They can’t pump 22.4 out of working Saturdays. But they do have seniority over them when they do work. Regardless of why they are there.

Yeah technically they can, but I think it's frowned upon to just show up out of nowhere and expect everybody to make plans around you. It got to be such a problem that they started requiring people to show up 1 hr prior to start time to do this.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Yeah technically they can, but I think it's frowned upon to just show up out of nowhere and expect everybody to make plans around you. It got to be such a problem that they started requiring people to show up 1 hr prior to start time to do this.

1 hour prior to start time
Are you crazy

Overpaid Union Thug

They can’t just show up and expect to work. It’s on management to send them home if they do.