No sheeting coms closed between 12 & 1

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
Question, guys.
There's a Acupuncture/Massage place on my route, the front door to the lobby is unlocked during business hours, but theres never anyone at the front desk, the doctors are in rooms with patients. They do not want me interrupting their sessions.

I just leave their package behind the desk and use RelNum, dr fd, 2 for commercial.

I know it's only for shipper release packages, but I've done this a lot, and always gotten away with it.

If I were to get in trouble for this, do you think I would get terminated, or just a warning letter?

I know lots of drivers who either drd or even signed for stops like that. It falls under the "not a problem until it's a problem" category; missing, misplaced, someone moves it and forgets to tell the boss etc.

What I did, on stops that continually were gone daily, was give them a stack of delivery notices. Have them sign the whole stack and take one each time I left their stuff (except signature required or HV, no never .) I'd NI those and reattempt them the following day.

This way, they did sign, and my ass was covered. I had maybe 4 stops total that I did this for and I wouldn't even offer it to anyone who was just too preoccupied to sign. Those would get indirected.

If they had employees who were there but wouldn't or couldn't sign, I'd just say, no problem, but I'll have to send it back to the shipper. They always signed.

Question, guys.
There's a Acupuncture/Massage place on my route, the front door to the lobby is unlocked during business hours, but theres never anyone at the front desk, the doctors are in rooms with patients. They do not want me interrupting their sessions.

I just leave their package behind the desk and use RelNum, dr fd, 2 for commercial.

I know it's only for shipper release packages, but I've done this a lot, and always gotten away with it.

If I were to get in trouble for this, do you think I would get terminated, or just a warning letter?
You can get a signature relase for from your center and have them sign it. Cover your ass.

Ghost in the Darkness

What is so complicated about you can not sheet commercial NR or CLO between 12-1 under any circumstance?

Don't have a problem with closed or not in, but I spoke to the person who said the package isn't ready... wth... I did my job made contact and its a valid attempt yet I can't sheet it because the world may come to an end if a NR is sheeted between 12-1pm. I won't do it the management way of just cheating it up off location later, I will drive back to that location... paid by the minute for the companies idiocy.

BUCN85

Question, guys.

Leave them a stack of info notices to sign and leave behind the desk.

barnyard

KTM rider
Leave them a stack of info notices to sign and leave behind the desk.
or just have them sign 1 delivery notice, turn that in and have that entered into the DIAD notes: SDN name if no one is available, leave at (wherever you agree to leave things.)
I cover routes that have those notes for churches, schools and corporate farms.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
This shouldn't be as big of a deal now with the commercial release being trialled in a bunch of areas, however it can still get you in hot water. Don't release business stuff. You get paid by the hour. Drive back there after 1pm.

john chesney

Question, guys.

I don't know about this rel to business it sounds like it's coming. If your supervisor says it's ok write down the time and date he or she said it was ok. If you were not instructed that this is ok and a package comes up missing or someone complains then yes they can discipline you. DO NOT LIE if questioned about it or yes you will be terminated

john chesney

I know lots of drivers who either drd or even signed for stops like that. It falls under the "not a problem until it's a problem" category; missing, misplaced, someone moves it and forgets to tell the boss etc.

What I did, on stops that continually were gone daily, was give them a stack of delivery notices. Have them sign the whole stack and take one each time I left their stuff (except signature required or HV, no never .) I'd NI those and reattempt them the following day.

This way, they did sign, and my ass was covered. I had maybe 4 stops total that I did this for and I wouldn't even offer it to anyone who was just too preoccupied to sign. Those would get indirected.

If they had employees who were there but wouldn't or couldn't sign, I'd just say, no problem, but I'll have to send it back to the shipper. They always signed.
That's it cover that ass. Give your business agent something to work with if you get in a jam

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
And, if they're telling you this, make sure you have a dependable witness or it's at a PCM. Even better, ask for clarification at a PCM. That way it's not just you they're telling.

Ghost in the Darkness

Do it their way all year long, summer, peak season, night time.... whenever. I enjoy not saying a word and watch it cause issues... more miles, more send agains, more OT, shortage of DOT hours left...etc. Best thing is just do things how they want (unless its unsafe like walking to the rear of the PC every time to cross the road... we had a driver nearly get crushed when their PC got rear ended. That method is situational as far I'm concerned and its not worth my life to follow it. I'm not alone on that one either for all you management know-it-alls.)