No Talking Policy.

BobJ

If you let him get away with this, you’ll be shining his shoes next. If you don’t already. SMH
I don't have to do anything. Like everyone in this thread has said, it's not a "real" rule, just a manager acting like an A-hole. Suggestions of malicious compliance seems to be the best option.

Besides....

There are useful b* like Bastiatian, taking it as offense to their masculinity, willing to act like a fool to protest, already causing a ruckus. No one has tried singing yet, thankfully.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
I don't have to do anything. Like everyone in this thread has said, it's not a "real" rule, just a manager acting like an A-hole. Suggestions of malicious compliance seems to be the best option.

Besides....

There are useful b* like Bastiatian, taking it as offense to their masculinity, willing to act like a fool to protest, already causing a ruckus. No one has tried singing yet, thankfully.
I would talk until he had to move me, everyday. But that’s me, I’ve always had a problem with overbearing authority.

Nah

Besides....

You're the one who came in here complaining about it.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member

Besides....

Sounds like cowardice to me.

You come on here, whine about your steward not fighting this fight for you, then acting like it doesn’t need to be fought.

Be the change you want to see.

clean hairy

That means if he asks you a question, you are not allowed to answer.
If there is an emergency, you are not allowed to speak up.
Come in late, punch in, and get asked why you are late, you risk a warning letter for answering due to his policy.
Carry a bunch of post it notes with "sorry, can't speak due to no talking policy per joe blow (or whatever his name is" to hand out when asked a question by another management person.

Last edited:

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
That means if he asks you a question, you are not allowed to answer.
If there is an emergency, you are not allowed to speak up.
Come in late, punch in, and get asked why you are late, you risk a warning letter for answering due to his policy.
Carry a bunch of post it notes with "sorry, can't speak due to no talking policy per joe blow (or whatever his name is" to hand out when asked a question by another management person.
Lol, everyone knows dudes were talking, less working. Some folk have a habit of doing that, not working.