no work !

Hassan87

I was hired in September. I was one out of 20. After peak season they kept 6 of us, rest were let go after January 15. We were hired as 22.4 drivers. Now since last week we are being sent home everyday. Each day they tell us to come tomorrow. What should I do? Why they kept us if there’s no work. And is work load slow in January?

El Correcto

god is dead
I was hired in September. I was one out of 20. After peak season they kept 6 of us, rest were let go after January 15. We were hired as 22.4 drivers. Now since last week we are being sent home everyday. Each day they tell us to come tomorrow. What should I do? Why they kept us if there’s no work. And is work load slow in January?
File for your guaranteed 8, they’ll find work for you.
Also depends if you have made seniority or not. If you haven’t hang in there and take it.

Poop Head

Judge me.
They laid off the entire building here last Monday

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star

Yes, things slow down after peak. And @Wrong is correct. The contract says 22.4's are guaranteed 8 hr days on 5 consecutive work days.
Article 22.4 (b)
"5. All 22.4 combination drivers shall be guaranteed eight (8) con- secutive hours of straight time pay per day, if reporting as sched- uled. All 22.4 combination drivers shall work a fve (5) consecutive day schedule of Tuesday through Saturday or Wednesday through Sunday. This paragraph shall supersede any Supplement, Rider, or Addendum on the same subject."

The question is, are you on the schedule to work those days? If so, you show up, you are guaranteed 8 consecutive hours. If you are not scheduled to work (laid off), then don't show up. If you have unemployment benefits from your state that you are entitled to, then file for those.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
C10529F2-844E-44A1-AC85-444DF77414CC.gif

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
FXG here. I'm already done at 1425... I'm not used to getting done this early. Vs peak until close to 0000

Whitelightning1534

Your full time so go get your hours in the building. Bump two junior employees
Can't do that junior emplotlye can go to the union and get the man booted out of work because this man was a seasonal hired after peak season he doesn't even have a month of seniority and to boot out other employees would take probably five plus uesrd of senority plus UPS is currently on a company wide hiring freeze so rheyret not letting anyone transfer,work other areas and if therrs

542thruNthru

Can't do that junior emplotlye can go to the union and get the man booted out of work because this man was a seasonal hired after peak season he doesn't even have a month of seniority and to boot out other employees would take probably five plus uesrd of senority plus UPS is currently on a company wide hiring freeze so rheyret not letting anyone transfer,work other areas and if therrs

That's what junior employees means.. less seniority.

Maybe in your building it would take 5 years seniority. Here he could easily bump the lowest seniority PTers.