Nobody wants to be pt Sup!Why?

chris24

Listen to yourself.... I highlighted your own comments in bold.... When these people applied for a position at UPS, I'm pretty sure they weren't told "if you think you have too much work, stand up for yourself," or "if you think management is screwing you, screw them back." It is what it is. These workers don't have a choice, they have to work as instructed. They don't get to choose how hard they get to work. AND on another note.. It's all about the customers and if a management person has to step in to make the customer happy so be it.

It used to be about the customers....Now it's about the shareholders...and if you are naive enough to believe anything else you need to take the blinders off...:wink2:

705red

Browncafe Steward
I don't care who you are THIS is funny.

Whats funny about this? 705 has proven time and time again they will stand up for the members, remember we didnt settle early for a garbage contract like you did. Its obvious your not a happy union employee, yet you are the only person I have ever heard bad mouth Obrien in your local across any of the boards im on??? Why is that?

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
I don't care who you are THIS is funny.

Whats funny about this? 705 has proven time and time again they will stand up for the members, remember we didnt settle early for a garbage contract like you did. Its obvious your not a happy union employee, yet you are the only person I have ever heard bad mouth Obrien in your local across any of the boards im on??? Why is that?

I thought Sleeve's comment was a compliment to L705, maybe I misunderstood.:confused:

UnconTROLLed

perfection

nothing personal, honestly. Just SOCKS is so damn funny when he says ridiculous things. As Hondo said, that's just so overboard I laughed. But on the Obrien thing, it seems like a more toned down version of ole Ritchies regime, not much changed though the pieces were shuffled. He backed COAKLEY!! lollll now that I know more than I did then, things are coming together....anyway, nothing personal, I don't know much about 705 honestly and wouldn't pretend to.

UPSSOCKS

nothing personal, honestly. Just SOCKS is so damn funny when he says ridiculous things. As Hondo said, that's just so overboard I laughed. But on the Obrien thing, it seems like a more toned down version of ole Ritchies regime, not much changed though the pieces were shuffled. He backed COAKLEY!! lollll now that I know more than I did then, things are coming together....anyway, nothing personal, I don't know much about 705 honestly and wouldn't pretend to.

I'll tell you all about 705. They are just like all the other weak and pathetic locals. However they only take care of the "in" crowd. Everyone else is just a dues paying dummy. The stewards and their buddies are in the clear, but everyone else doesn't matter. The stewards would turn their back on a part time package handler for an extra ten bucks.....

Braveheart

We have had at least 4 part time sups fired in my building in the last year. Two or three of them were for dishonesty.

One makes no sense. Company very tight lipped.

Two were decent and two were little nazis. What goes around comes around.

Damangp

So there is a FT sup at work who enjoys and smiles when he makes one if his pt sups quit. These past two years he made 5 pt sups quit and today another one which makes number 6. He laughs and says " i cracked another one". This sup was great pt sup with 8 years of service. Its not his fault if he has to run a slide with 3 people that my boss gives him when in reality that slide needs 5 . He even worked and try to make plan but an unreachable number wont be reached . So my FT sup yelled and ranted at him everyday when its his fault for not providing the labor. They can pay pt sups 25 an hour and i wont take it. Cant enjoy money when you get a nervous break down.

UPSSOCKS

So there is a FT sup at work who enjoys and smiles when he makes one if his pt sups quit. These past two years he made 5 pt sups quit and today another one which makes number 6. He laughs and says " i cracked another one". This sup was great pt sup with 8 years of service. Its not his fault if he has to run a slide with 3 people that my boss gives him when in reality that slide needs 5 . He even worked and try to make plan but an unreachable number wont be reached . So my FT sup yelled and ranted at him everyday when its his fault for not providing the labor. They can pay pt sups 25 an hour and i wont take it. Cant enjoy money when you get a nervous break down.

I should start charging you guys for my services, but with an IQ tested in the top 4% of the country I feel it is my duty to enlighten you. Turnover is a very healthy thing at UPS especially turnover on the part time management department. Turnover creates new "cheaper" opportunities. Next if Jim can't take a friend/T supervisor yelling and ranting at him, then this is not the job for him. Most companies as large as UPS put pressure on their management team and occasionaly yells at them. It is what it is, and Jim couldn't handle it. Lastly, a little criticsm never hurt anyone, in some instances it makes you better. It's not like the full timer was physically abusing Jim, he was just yelling. Jim should of yelled back. It's as hard to fire a part time supervisor these days, as it is to fire a union employee....

Damangp

I should start charging you guys for my services, but with an IQ tested in the top 4% of the country I feel it is my duty to enlighten you. Turnover is a very healthy thing at UPS especially turnover on the part time management department. Turnover creates new "cheaper" opportunities. Next if Jim can't take a friend/T supervisor yelling and ranting at him, then this is not the job for him. Most companies as large as UPS put pressure on their management team and occasionaly yells at them. It is what it is, and Jim couldn't handle it. Lastly, a little criticsm never hurt anyone, in some instances it makes you better. It's not like the full timer was physically abusing Jim, he was just yelling. Jim should of yelled back. It's as hard to fire a part time supervisor these days, as it is to fire a union employee....
Lol your a character! Your encourging a pt sup to yell back to his superior? Nice i know the DM would like your work ethics. Whats so good on downgrading your sup infront of his workers. Times when he has to stay passed 930 the FT sup would deny extra pay. So typically the pt sup would be working for me. I know center managers that wouldnt talk to there employeee that way and they run there stops per hour everyday. Seems like they can run there area without ranting like a jackass. If you management team dont protect each other why become one then? And more oppitunitys for cheaper labor ? Lol just that alone answers this post question . Heartless guy you are sock. And if you say you cant care because you wont be able to become succussful, his is pure lie.

UPSSOCKS

Lol your a character! Your encourging a pt sup to yell back to his superior? Nice i know the DM would like your work ethics. Whats so good on downgrading your sup infront of his workers. Times when he has to stay passed 930 the FT sup would deny extra pay. So typically the pt sup would be working for me. I know center managers that wouldnt talk to there employeee that way and they run there stops per hour everyday. Seems like they can run there area without ranting like a jackass. If you management team dont protect each other why become one then? And more oppitunitys for cheaper labor ? Lol just that alone answers this post question . Heartless guy you are sock. And if you say you cant care because you wont be able to become succussful, his is pure lie.

Deny pay for time worked?? Doesn't happen anymore and if it does, someone will get canned. That's a big no-no after the stuff that went down and California a couple of years ago. Hence forth the creation of PTRS.

I am not encouraging any type of yelling, I like a quiet workplace, after all it's the only time I get uninterupted sleep. Downgrading employees in front of anyone is a bad deal, management or union that shouldn't be going on either. BUT it's a high stressed enviroment and things get out of hand sometimes, if you can't let it roll off your back then I hear McDonalds is hiring......

ch3l3

@UPSSOCKS
listen i dont agree with managements way of working/treating their employees, in the contract it states employeers should treat employees with dignity and respect; yelling or using foul language is a type of harassment(in my point of view). I follow the contract book seriously if i catch p/t sups working i wont say nothing ill let my grivances do the talking. since i became a steward sups in my area are always praying for me to be absent certain days so they wont be written up for working. Sucks for them though ive never been late nor absent. i hand in grivances at least 2 every night. I do not encourage no union memeber to become a p/t sup cause in the end you still a nobody, just a doer for the superior(not a good look)

Last edited by a moderator:

stopcomplete

If I caught a union employee yelling at one of my part time supervisors, I would fire them on the spot. When they got their job back I would personally make an example out of them. Part time supervisors might be low, but the union help is one knotch lower last time I checked.

lol not in my building

UPSSOCKS

@UPSSOCKS
listen i dont agree with managements way of working/treating their employees, in the contract it states employeers should treat employees with dignity and respect; yelling or using foul language is a type of harassment(in my point of view). I follow the contract book seriously if i catch p/t sups working i wont say nothing ill let my grivances do the talking. since i became a steward sups in my area are always praying for me to be absent certain days so they wont be written up for working. Sucks for them though ive never been late nor absent. i hand in grivances at least 2 every night. I do not encourage no union memeber to become a p/t sup cause in the end you still a nobody, just a ***** to the superior(not a good look)

It all depends what you want. If you think a part time sup is a nobody, what are you saying about the union personell that has to listen to the part time sup? What's lower than a nobody? I get two greivances a night and I refuse to pay them, and then I make an example out of the person who filed it. It's very simple and the teamsters turn a blind eye to it. An extra personal day here, an extra day off there, and the stewards cover my tracks. You sound like a new steward, very soon you will reap the benefits of your union brothers union dues.. Be patient... Did I ever tell you the story when a union steward dropped multiple greivances for an extra 15 minutes on HIS timecard... That's what you got to look forward too..

Last edited by a moderator:

ch3l3

It all depends what you want. If you think a part time sup is a nobody, what are you saying about the union personell that has to listen to the part time sup? What's lower than a nobody? I get two greivances a night and I refuse to pay them, and then I make an example out of the person who filed it. It's very simple and the teamsters turn a blind eye to it. An extra personal day here, an extra day off there, and the stewards cover my tracks. You sound like a new steward, very soon you will reap the benefits of your union brothers union dues.. Be patient... Did I ever tell you the story when a union steward dropped multiple greivances for an extra 15 minutes on HIS timecard... That's what you got to look forward too..

yes i am a new steward but not a corrupted steward i do not take side deals or make behiind the scene deals thats not my style, i refuse to make deals just to help ma self and not my union memebers. it makes me laugh how sum P/T sups when they first start think they have a high postion then they start talking down towards you. i always make these newbies shut up by telling them "dont forget where you came from, you used to be a worker like me, you wasnt hired as a supervisor just a worker dont forget that." let me ask you a question whats more important!? Production or Safety? answer me that

UPSGUY72

The bttm line is that become a PT SUP is a UPS career killer. PT SUP have .01% chance of being promoted it is a dead end job.